Aug 17, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
I’ll be honest here. I don’t know if the French team Boulogne is any good or not, or how their talent level compares to your average SEC team, but the fact that they play in something called the “B Division” of French hoops doesn’t make them sound terribly impressive.
What I do know, thanks to Tuscaloosanews.com, is that Boulogne ran the Alabama Crimson Tide out of le gym last night. The French team jumped out to a 12-2 lead out of the gate, and ended up winning 100-70 when all was said and done.
One caveat we’ll throw out there: Boulogne was led by former Georgia Tech star Zack Peacock, who had 24 points and 10 boards in the game. The Tide had some decent performances to hang their hats on as well.
Senior guard Trevor Releford led the Crimson Tide with 25 points on 8 of 16 shooting from the floor. Junior guard Rodney Cooper finished with 16 points and five rebounds. Freshmen center Jimmie Taylor, of Greensboro, led Alabama with eight rebounds.
The Tide are 3-1 overall on their Eurotrip, and we all know not to read too much into these exhibition games. But the ugly number that came out of this contest – 37 percent from the floor for ‘Bama – can’t really be making Anthony Grant very happy.
These overseas trips are all about working out and finding out what your team can do, however, and now Grant knows what his men need to work on.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)