Aug 17, 2013, 7:00 PM EST
I’ll be honest here. I don’t know if the French team Boulogne is any good or not, or how their talent level compares to your average SEC team, but the fact that they play in something called the “B Division” of French hoops doesn’t make them sound terribly impressive.
What I do know, thanks to Tuscaloosanews.com, is that Boulogne ran the Alabama Crimson Tide out of le gym last night. The French team jumped out to a 12-2 lead out of the gate, and ended up winning 100-70 when all was said and done.
One caveat we’ll throw out there: Boulogne was led by former Georgia Tech star Zack Peacock, who had 24 points and 10 boards in the game. The Tide had some decent performances to hang their hats on as well.
Senior guard Trevor Releford led the Crimson Tide with 25 points on 8 of 16 shooting from the floor. Junior guard Rodney Cooper finished with 16 points and five rebounds. Freshmen center Jimmie Taylor, of Greensboro, led Alabama with eight rebounds.
The Tide are 3-1 overall on their Eurotrip, and we all know not to read too much into these exhibition games. But the ugly number that came out of this contest – 37 percent from the floor for ‘Bama – can’t really be making Anthony Grant very happy.
These overseas trips are all about working out and finding out what your team can do, however, and now Grant knows what his men need to work on.
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 0
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (12)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)