Aug 17, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
I’ll be honest here. I don’t know if the French team Boulogne is any good or not, or how their talent level compares to your average SEC team, but the fact that they play in something called the “B Division” of French hoops doesn’t make them sound terribly impressive.
What I do know, thanks to Tuscaloosanews.com, is that Boulogne ran the Alabama Crimson Tide out of le gym last night. The French team jumped out to a 12-2 lead out of the gate, and ended up winning 100-70 when all was said and done.
One caveat we’ll throw out there: Boulogne was led by former Georgia Tech star Zack Peacock, who had 24 points and 10 boards in the game. The Tide had some decent performances to hang their hats on as well.
Senior guard Trevor Releford led the Crimson Tide with 25 points on 8 of 16 shooting from the floor. Junior guard Rodney Cooper finished with 16 points and five rebounds. Freshmen center Jimmie Taylor, of Greensboro, led Alabama with eight rebounds.
The Tide are 3-1 overall on their Eurotrip, and we all know not to read too much into these exhibition games. But the ugly number that came out of this contest – 37 percent from the floor for ‘Bama – can’t really be making Anthony Grant very happy.
These overseas trips are all about working out and finding out what your team can do, however, and now Grant knows what his men need to work on.
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 4
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 7
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)