Aug 17, 2013, 10:00 AM EST
Detroit shooting guard Jason Calliste will be spending his senior season elsewhere after graduating early and deciding to transfer from the Titans, according to a report from The Detroit Free Press.
The story from Perry A. Farrell explains how Calliste informed Detroit coaches and the program of his decision on Friday before leaving for his native Canada. Calliste averaged 14.4 points, 3.3 assists and 3.1 rebounds last season for Detroit.
“I needed to go, I was done it with,’’ Calliste said in the story. “I gave four years and I gave all that I could give. It’s time to move on. I’ve been there for so long. I’ve seen the good, the bad and the ugly. I know there’s always going to be bad situations, but I just felt like it could have been a better situation, especially with the coaches that had to leave.’’
This move comes as another big blow to Detroit as they already search for ways to replace junior point guard Ray McCallum — who departed a year early for the NBA Draft. Calliste not only averaged a healthy amount of points at shooting guard but averaged 35.2 minutes a game last year, so he was on the floor for much of the time.
Calliste still has one year of eligibility remaining.
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 11
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 3
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Bubble Banter: N.C. State lands a critical win, Texas loses … again 2
- Syracuse upsets No. 8 Notre Dame in an inspired ACC road effort 0
- You Make The Call: Did Marcus Paige get fouled on North Carolina’s last possession? (17)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Report: Big Ten looking into idea of making freshmen ineligible for competition in football, men’s basketball (11)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (11)