Aug 17, 2013, 10:00 AM EST
Detroit shooting guard Jason Calliste will be spending his senior season elsewhere after graduating early and deciding to transfer from the Titans, according to a report from The Detroit Free Press.
The story from Perry A. Farrell explains how Calliste informed Detroit coaches and the program of his decision on Friday before leaving for his native Canada. Calliste averaged 14.4 points, 3.3 assists and 3.1 rebounds last season for Detroit.
“I needed to go, I was done it with,’’ Calliste said in the story. “I gave four years and I gave all that I could give. It’s time to move on. I’ve been there for so long. I’ve seen the good, the bad and the ugly. I know there’s always going to be bad situations, but I just felt like it could have been a better situation, especially with the coaches that had to leave.’’
This move comes as another big blow to Detroit as they already search for ways to replace junior point guard Ray McCallum — who departed a year early for the NBA Draft. Calliste not only averaged a healthy amount of points at shooting guard but averaged 35.2 minutes a game last year, so he was on the floor for much of the time.
Calliste still has one year of eligibility remaining.
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 20
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? 5
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent 3
- Wofford’s grueling start to the season began well before their 7:00 a.m. game 0
- No. 13 Gonzaga makes definitive statement with blowout of No. 22 SMU 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (20)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)