Aug 17, 2013, 12:00 PM EST
Former Siena head coach Bob Beyer was arrested in Saratoga Springs, New York late Thursday and charged with three counts including resisting arrest and disorderly conduct, according to a report from the Saratogian.
The 51-year old Beyer, the head coach at Siena from 1994 through 1997 and a current assistant coach for the Charlotte Bobcats, was involved in an altercation with bouncers at a bar late Thursday evening.
City Police said that Beyer, Ryan P. Chartrand, 36, of Saratoga Springs; and Edward J. Parenteau, 34, of Lynbrook; were involved in an altercation with bouncers inside a Caroline Street bar at 11:15 p.m.Beyer and Chartrand were escorted out of the bar by bouncers and Parenteau is allegedly assaulted one of the bouncers by punching him in the face and cutting his nose, police said.While police were arresting Parenteau, Beyer and Chartrand allegedly attempted to stop officers from arresting Parenteau and were subsequently arrested, police said.Beyer then began fighting with the police and was charged accordingly, police said.Beyer was charged with second-degree obstructing governmental administration, resisting arrest and disorderly conduct.
Charges were also given to Parenteau and Chartrand.
Besides spending time as the head coach at Siena, Beyer made assistant coaching stops at Albany, Wisconsin, Northwestern, Texas Tech, Dayton and also served time as an assistant at Siena. Beyer has also coached with the Orlando Magic and Golden State Warriors before his current hiring at Charlotte earlier this summer.
- College Basketball Talk’s Ten Most Disappointing Teams 0
- CBT Weekly Roundtable: Who are the top five teams as of today? 1
- The Chase for 180: Jahii Carson’s improved jump shot 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top Ten Most Surprising Teams 1
- Two losses in a row? Three in 11 days? Oh well. Don’t give up on Kansas just yet 2
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (4)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- Why is Kentucky’s attendance going down? UK writer says Rupp is ‘stale’ (3)
- Late Night Snacks: Rhode Island rivalry and VCU’s overtime (2)
- Wisconsin guard George Marshall seeking transfer (2)