Aug 17, 2013, 12:00 PM EST
Former Siena head coach Bob Beyer was arrested in Saratoga Springs, New York late Thursday and charged with three counts including resisting arrest and disorderly conduct, according to a report from the Saratogian.
The 51-year old Beyer, the head coach at Siena from 1994 through 1997 and a current assistant coach for the Charlotte Bobcats, was involved in an altercation with bouncers at a bar late Thursday evening.
City Police said that Beyer, Ryan P. Chartrand, 36, of Saratoga Springs; and Edward J. Parenteau, 34, of Lynbrook; were involved in an altercation with bouncers inside a Caroline Street bar at 11:15 p.m.Beyer and Chartrand were escorted out of the bar by bouncers and Parenteau is allegedly assaulted one of the bouncers by punching him in the face and cutting his nose, police said.While police were arresting Parenteau, Beyer and Chartrand allegedly attempted to stop officers from arresting Parenteau and were subsequently arrested, police said.Beyer then began fighting with the police and was charged accordingly, police said.Beyer was charged with second-degree obstructing governmental administration, resisting arrest and disorderly conduct.
Charges were also given to Parenteau and Chartrand.
Besides spending time as the head coach at Siena, Beyer made assistant coaching stops at Albany, Wisconsin, Northwestern, Texas Tech, Dayton and also served time as an assistant at Siena. Beyer has also coached with the Orlando Magic and Golden State Warriors before his current hiring at Charlotte earlier this summer.
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- Weekend Preview: Things are heating up in the Big 12, plus Coach K No. 1,000? 0
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game 7
- Chase for 180: Boise State rebounds from 0-3 conference start thanks to Derrick Marks 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)