Aug 17, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
After not playing since 2010-11, Syracuse and Cornell will resume their basketball rivalry as the teams will meet for the 113th time on November 8th at the Carrier Dome.
Announced on Friday on the Syracuse athletics website, the rivalry dates back to 1900-01 and will also serve as the opening game of the year for the Orange.
Recently this rivalry has been rather one-sided as Syracuse owns a 33-game win streak over Cornell and a decidedly one-way 87-31 mark overall.
With Cornell coming off of a 13-18 season, it will be an uphill battle to beat a team coming off of a Final Four like Syracuse.
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 1
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Maryland transfer eligible this season at Georgia Tech (3)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)
- Newspaper apologizes for its illustration of Kentucky head coach John Calipari (2)