Aug 17, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
After not playing since 2010-11, Syracuse and Cornell will resume their basketball rivalry as the teams will meet for the 113th time on November 8th at the Carrier Dome.
Announced on Friday on the Syracuse athletics website, the rivalry dates back to 1900-01 and will also serve as the opening game of the year for the Orange.
Recently this rivalry has been rather one-sided as Syracuse owns a 33-game win streak over Cornell and a decidedly one-way 87-31 mark overall.
With Cornell coming off of a 13-18 season, it will be an uphill battle to beat a team coming off of a Final Four like Syracuse.
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 1
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 9
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California 10
- Sophomore center Willie Cauley-Stein returning to Kentucky 5
- Montrezl Harrell will be returning to Louisville for his junior season 0
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)
- Syracuse freshman Chinoso Obokoh could lose year of eligibility due to NCAA issue (6)
- John Calipari reveals what ‘the tweak’ actually was (5)