Aug 17, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
After not playing since 2010-11, Syracuse and Cornell will resume their basketball rivalry as the teams will meet for the 113th time on November 8th at the Carrier Dome.
Announced on Friday on the Syracuse athletics website, the rivalry dates back to 1900-01 and will also serve as the opening game of the year for the Orange.
Recently this rivalry has been rather one-sided as Syracuse owns a 33-game win streak over Cornell and a decidedly one-way 87-31 mark overall.
With Cornell coming off of a 13-18 season, it will be an uphill battle to beat a team coming off of a Final Four like Syracuse.
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- ‘Value Add’ stat projects Utah’s Delon Wright as having a historic season 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Bruce Pearl gets welcomed by Auburn team, students after NCAA show-cause ends (VIDEO) 0
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (4)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)