Aug 17, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
After not playing since 2010-11, Syracuse and Cornell will resume their basketball rivalry as the teams will meet for the 113th time on November 8th at the Carrier Dome.
Announced on Friday on the Syracuse athletics website, the rivalry dates back to 1900-01 and will also serve as the opening game of the year for the Orange.
Recently this rivalry has been rather one-sided as Syracuse owns a 33-game win streak over Cornell and a decidedly one-way 87-31 mark overall.
With Cornell coming off of a 13-18 season, it will be an uphill battle to beat a team coming off of a Final Four like Syracuse.
- Former Kansas State guard transferring to Creighton 0
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 2
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (7)