Aug 17, 2013, 2:30 PM EST
After not playing since 2010-11, Syracuse and Cornell will resume their basketball rivalry as the teams will meet for the 113th time on November 8th at the Carrier Dome.
Announced on Friday on the Syracuse athletics website, the rivalry dates back to 1900-01 and will also serve as the opening game of the year for the Orange.
Recently this rivalry has been rather one-sided as Syracuse owns a 33-game win streak over Cornell and a decidedly one-way 87-31 mark overall.
With Cornell coming off of a 13-18 season, it will be an uphill battle to beat a team coming off of a Final Four like Syracuse.
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)