Aug 18, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Frank Haith received good news Sunday morning when he learned that JaKeenan Gant, a 6-foot-8 forward from Springfield, GA pledged a verbal commitment to the University of Missouri.
Gant was being courted by a slew of SEC and ACC schools. Evan Daniels of FOX Sports first broke the news of Gant’s decision:
According to ESPN.com, Gant was the 37th ranked recruit in the 2014 class.
Last Friday, Gant took an official visit to Missouri and fell in love with the school and coaching staff. Per Hoop Seen, “It just felt like I was home,” Gant told HoopSeen.com minutes after the decision. “It is put together. Perfect fit for me…(We have a) good connection. We are family. Everyone is cool, all of the coaches,” Gant said. “Just perfect.”
Below is a short highlight tape of Gant
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1