Aug 19, 2013, 11:12 AM EDT
Chris Paul held his point guard camp down in Winston-Salem, NC, from August 9th-12th, and some of the best collegiate back court players in the country traveled there to work out with and play against the six-time all-star and two-time Olympian.
Play with is the key word here.
I was able to attend the Point Guard, the Big Man and the Kevin Durant Skills Academies this summer, and the highlight of all of them was watching some of the biggest stars in the NBA — namely Durant and Kyrie Irving — go up against some of the best that college has to offer.
Paul did the same, and, as you can tell from the video above, he slowly but surely shredded them all. Here’s the roster of players that were invited. Some of the faces that I was able to pick out of that video were Shabazz Napier, Jerian Grant and high schooler Tyler Ulis.
It’s not an editing trick, either.
Four straight possessions can be seen here:
Still think some of these college kids are ready for the NBA?
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft 3
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Five members of Iowa State’s 2014-15 team have been arrested after two more arrests this week (9)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)