Aug 19, 2013, 11:12 AM EST
Chris Paul held his point guard camp down in Winston-Salem, NC, from August 9th-12th, and some of the best collegiate back court players in the country traveled there to work out with and play against the six-time all-star and two-time Olympian.
Play with is the key word here.
I was able to attend the Point Guard, the Big Man and the Kevin Durant Skills Academies this summer, and the highlight of all of them was watching some of the biggest stars in the NBA — namely Durant and Kyrie Irving — go up against some of the best that college has to offer.
Paul did the same, and, as you can tell from the video above, he slowly but surely shredded them all. Here’s the roster of players that were invited. Some of the faces that I was able to pick out of that video were Shabazz Napier, Jerian Grant and high schooler Tyler Ulis.
It’s not an editing trick, either.
Four straight possessions can be seen here:
Still think some of these college kids are ready for the NBA?
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 0
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 1
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- Weekend Preview: Things are heating up in the Big 12, plus Coach K No. 1,000? 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)