Aug 19, 2013, 12:42 PM EST
Devin Booker, the No. 27 player in the Class of 2014 according to Rivals, has set the date for four of his five allotted official visits.
He’ll be heading to Michigan State on September 6th and Kentucky on September 9th, which will be followed by a trip to Michigan on October 5th and Missouri on October 19th. If he does take a fifth official visit, it looks like Florida will be the destination. Booker made the announcement on his twitter feed.
Booker is one of my favorite players in the class. He doesn’t have the same kind of upside as some of his peers, as he’s not an overwhelming athlete, but he’s the kind of player that you’ll grow to appreciate more each time you watch him play; he’s not a layup line scout, so to speak.
Booker really understands how to play the game. The 6-foot-4 wing doesn’t overpenetrate or force too many bad jumpers, but he’s a knock-down three-point shooter with the ability to get in the paint and finish through some contact. He’s not going to win any dunk contests, but he’s an above-average leaper that plays a physical brand of basketball. He’s got a bit of old school flair to his game, which would make sense, seeing as his dad was the 1994 Big Eight Player of the Year.
That will be an interesting dynamic to see play out. Personally, I think Booker would be a great fit at Michigan State.
But wherever he ends up, I see Booker ending up as a kid that spends two or three years on all-conference teams before heading to the NBA.
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy 0
- Senior starters once again lead the way for No. 15 Cincinnati 0
- Doug McDermott’s career still missing the most important part: His One Shining Moment 2
- Bryce Cotton, Providence’s marathon man, looking to lead the Friars on a run to the NCAA tournament 2
- Bubble Banter: Colorado, Dayton the day’s biggest winners 2
- After win at No. 18 SMU, No. 11 Louisville is once again peaking in March 0
- Wake Forest beats No. 4 Duke as Blue Devils struggle to score again 1
- Undefeated regular season says all we need to know about No. 2 Wichita State (9)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Finally at full strength, Michigan State sleepwalks through loss to Illinois (6)
- Kentucky hits rock bottom, loses at South Carolina (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)