Aug 19, 2013, 12:42 PM EDT
Devin Booker, the No. 27 player in the Class of 2014 according to Rivals, has set the date for four of his five allotted official visits.
He’ll be heading to Michigan State on September 6th and Kentucky on September 9th, which will be followed by a trip to Michigan on October 5th and Missouri on October 19th. If he does take a fifth official visit, it looks like Florida will be the destination. Booker made the announcement on his twitter feed.
Booker is one of my favorite players in the class. He doesn’t have the same kind of upside as some of his peers, as he’s not an overwhelming athlete, but he’s the kind of player that you’ll grow to appreciate more each time you watch him play; he’s not a layup line scout, so to speak.
Booker really understands how to play the game. The 6-foot-4 wing doesn’t overpenetrate or force too many bad jumpers, but he’s a knock-down three-point shooter with the ability to get in the paint and finish through some contact. He’s not going to win any dunk contests, but he’s an above-average leaper that plays a physical brand of basketball. He’s got a bit of old school flair to his game, which would make sense, seeing as his dad was the 1994 Big Eight Player of the Year.
That will be an interesting dynamic to see play out. Personally, I think Booker would be a great fit at Michigan State.
But wherever he ends up, I see Booker ending up as a kid that spends two or three years on all-conference teams before heading to the NBA.
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 2
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)