Aug 19, 2013, 12:42 PM EST
Devin Booker, the No. 27 player in the Class of 2014 according to Rivals, has set the date for four of his five allotted official visits.
He’ll be heading to Michigan State on September 6th and Kentucky on September 9th, which will be followed by a trip to Michigan on October 5th and Missouri on October 19th. If he does take a fifth official visit, it looks like Florida will be the destination. Booker made the announcement on his twitter feed.
Booker is one of my favorite players in the class. He doesn’t have the same kind of upside as some of his peers, as he’s not an overwhelming athlete, but he’s the kind of player that you’ll grow to appreciate more each time you watch him play; he’s not a layup line scout, so to speak.
Booker really understands how to play the game. The 6-foot-4 wing doesn’t overpenetrate or force too many bad jumpers, but he’s a knock-down three-point shooter with the ability to get in the paint and finish through some contact. He’s not going to win any dunk contests, but he’s an above-average leaper that plays a physical brand of basketball. He’s got a bit of old school flair to his game, which would make sense, seeing as his dad was the 1994 Big Eight Player of the Year.
That will be an interesting dynamic to see play out. Personally, I think Booker would be a great fit at Michigan State.
But wherever he ends up, I see Booker ending up as a kid that spends two or three years on all-conference teams before heading to the NBA.
- Weekend Preview: Iowa-Iowa State highlights a rivalry-heavy weekend slate 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Ten Most Disappointing Teams 0
- CBT Weekly Roundtable: Who are the top five teams as of today? 1
- The Chase for 180: Jahii Carson’s improved jump shot 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top Ten Most Surprising Teams 1
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (4)
- Why is Kentucky’s attendance going down? UK writer says Rupp is ‘stale’ (4)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- Weekend Preview: Iowa-Iowa State highlights a rivalry-heavy weekend slate (3)
- Late Night Snacks: Rhode Island rivalry and VCU’s overtime (2)