Aug 19, 2013, 12:42 PM EDT
Devin Booker, the No. 27 player in the Class of 2014 according to Rivals, has set the date for four of his five allotted official visits.
He’ll be heading to Michigan State on September 6th and Kentucky on September 9th, which will be followed by a trip to Michigan on October 5th and Missouri on October 19th. If he does take a fifth official visit, it looks like Florida will be the destination. Booker made the announcement on his twitter feed.
Booker is one of my favorite players in the class. He doesn’t have the same kind of upside as some of his peers, as he’s not an overwhelming athlete, but he’s the kind of player that you’ll grow to appreciate more each time you watch him play; he’s not a layup line scout, so to speak.
Booker really understands how to play the game. The 6-foot-4 wing doesn’t overpenetrate or force too many bad jumpers, but he’s a knock-down three-point shooter with the ability to get in the paint and finish through some contact. He’s not going to win any dunk contests, but he’s an above-average leaper that plays a physical brand of basketball. He’s got a bit of old school flair to his game, which would make sense, seeing as his dad was the 1994 Big Eight Player of the Year.
That will be an interesting dynamic to see play out. Personally, I think Booker would be a great fit at Michigan State.
But wherever he ends up, I see Booker ending up as a kid that spends two or three years on all-conference teams before heading to the NBA.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)