Aug 19, 2013, 8:10 PM EDT
Stanley Johnson is one of the premier players in the 2014 class and one of the best prospects on the west coast.
The No. 8 overall prospect in Rivals’ 2014 rankings is starting to set dates for visits and the 6’6″ small forward from Mater Dei High School in Santa Ana, California already has three official visits and one unofficial visit prepared according to his Twitter.
Johnson tweeted that he’ll take official visits to Florida (Nov. 30), Kentucky (Oct. 18) and Arizona (Sept 14), while also taking in an unofficial visit to USC on September 20th.
Johnson also mentioned that he hasn’t set anything up with UCLA, Oregon and Kansas — which means they’re still in the running.
Based on the scheduled unofficial visit to in-state USC and the two remaining official visits Johnson has after setting the first three, it’s feasible that a visit to UCLA would be unofficial while Johnson rounds out his official visit schedule with trips to Oregon and Kansas.
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 2
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (5)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Dayton unveils new logo, court and basketball uniforms (2)