Aug 19, 2013, 8:10 PM EDT
Stanley Johnson is one of the premier players in the 2014 class and one of the best prospects on the west coast.
The No. 8 overall prospect in Rivals’ 2014 rankings is starting to set dates for visits and the 6’6″ small forward from Mater Dei High School in Santa Ana, California already has three official visits and one unofficial visit prepared according to his Twitter.
Johnson tweeted that he’ll take official visits to Florida (Nov. 30), Kentucky (Oct. 18) and Arizona (Sept 14), while also taking in an unofficial visit to USC on September 20th.
Johnson also mentioned that he hasn’t set anything up with UCLA, Oregon and Kansas — which means they’re still in the running.
Based on the scheduled unofficial visit to in-state USC and the two remaining official visits Johnson has after setting the first three, it’s feasible that a visit to UCLA would be unofficial while Johnson rounds out his official visit schedule with trips to Oregon and Kansas.
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 1
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (4)