Aug 19, 2013, 8:10 PM EST
Stanley Johnson is one of the premier players in the 2014 class and one of the best prospects on the west coast.
The No. 8 overall prospect in Rivals’ 2014 rankings is starting to set dates for visits and the 6’6″ small forward from Mater Dei High School in Santa Ana, California already has three official visits and one unofficial visit prepared according to his Twitter.
Johnson tweeted that he’ll take official visits to Florida (Nov. 30), Kentucky (Oct. 18) and Arizona (Sept 14), while also taking in an unofficial visit to USC on September 20th.
Johnson also mentioned that he hasn’t set anything up with UCLA, Oregon and Kansas — which means they’re still in the running.
Based on the scheduled unofficial visit to in-state USC and the two remaining official visits Johnson has after setting the first three, it’s feasible that a visit to UCLA would be unofficial while Johnson rounds out his official visit schedule with trips to Oregon and Kansas.
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 0
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 1
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- Weekend Preview: Things are heating up in the Big 12, plus Coach K No. 1,000? 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)