Aug 19, 2013, 8:10 PM EDT
Stanley Johnson is one of the premier players in the 2014 class and one of the best prospects on the west coast.
The No. 8 overall prospect in Rivals’ 2014 rankings is starting to set dates for visits and the 6’6″ small forward from Mater Dei High School in Santa Ana, California already has three official visits and one unofficial visit prepared according to his Twitter.
Johnson tweeted that he’ll take official visits to Florida (Nov. 30), Kentucky (Oct. 18) and Arizona (Sept 14), while also taking in an unofficial visit to USC on September 20th.
Johnson also mentioned that he hasn’t set anything up with UCLA, Oregon and Kansas — which means they’re still in the running.
Based on the scheduled unofficial visit to in-state USC and the two remaining official visits Johnson has after setting the first three, it’s feasible that a visit to UCLA would be unofficial while Johnson rounds out his official visit schedule with trips to Oregon and Kansas.
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- July Live Period Preview: The events to keep an eye on in Vegas this week 0
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- Maryland fans still hate Mike Krzyzewski (8)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Are college teams going to be available on NBA 2K? (3)