Aug 19, 2013, 8:10 PM EST
Stanley Johnson is one of the premier players in the 2014 class and one of the best prospects on the west coast.
The No. 8 overall prospect in Rivals’ 2014 rankings is starting to set dates for visits and the 6’6″ small forward from Mater Dei High School in Santa Ana, California already has three official visits and one unofficial visit prepared according to his Twitter.
Johnson tweeted that he’ll take official visits to Florida (Nov. 30), Kentucky (Oct. 18) and Arizona (Sept 14), while also taking in an unofficial visit to USC on September 20th.
Johnson also mentioned that he hasn’t set anything up with UCLA, Oregon and Kansas — which means they’re still in the running.
Based on the scheduled unofficial visit to in-state USC and the two remaining official visits Johnson has after setting the first three, it’s feasible that a visit to UCLA would be unofficial while Johnson rounds out his official visit schedule with trips to Oregon and Kansas.
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 2
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)