Aug 19, 2013, 7:30 PM EDT
Fresno State and and head coach Rodney Terry announced its non-conference schedule on Friday and it includes a few interesting matchups with East Coast opponents while also marking the return of the 29th Fresno State Classic.
The Fresno State Classic returns over Thanksgiving weekend on November 29th through December 1st for the first time since 2007 and features Drake, Cal State Bakersfield and Northern Arizona as Fresno State hosts all three schools at the Save Mart Center.
The Bulldogs open the season with a November 8th game on the road at UC Irvine before traveling across the country to face Pittsburgh on November 12th.
While facing the new ACC squad will be a nice early-season test, Fresno State’s biggest non-conference test comes when they travel to Florida for a December 21st game against the Gators at the MetroPCS Orange Bowl Basketball Classic on a neutral court in Sunrise, Florida.
The game marks the first time Fresno State has ever played a men’s basketball game in the state of Florida and should prepare them for the Mountain West.
Other true road games for the Bulldogs include Pacific (Nov. 23), Utah (Dec. 7) and California (Dec. 14).
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 0
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)