Aug 19, 2013, 7:30 PM EDT
Fresno State and and head coach Rodney Terry announced its non-conference schedule on Friday and it includes a few interesting matchups with East Coast opponents while also marking the return of the 29th Fresno State Classic.
The Fresno State Classic returns over Thanksgiving weekend on November 29th through December 1st for the first time since 2007 and features Drake, Cal State Bakersfield and Northern Arizona as Fresno State hosts all three schools at the Save Mart Center.
The Bulldogs open the season with a November 8th game on the road at UC Irvine before traveling across the country to face Pittsburgh on November 12th.
While facing the new ACC squad will be a nice early-season test, Fresno State’s biggest non-conference test comes when they travel to Florida for a December 21st game against the Gators at the MetroPCS Orange Bowl Basketball Classic on a neutral court in Sunrise, Florida.
The game marks the first time Fresno State has ever played a men’s basketball game in the state of Florida and should prepare them for the Mountain West.
Other true road games for the Bulldogs include Pacific (Nov. 23), Utah (Dec. 7) and California (Dec. 14).
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- AAU Nationals Friday Recap: Event moves to Louisville, Bruce Brown plays well, Noah Dickerson updates recruitment 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)