Aug 19, 2013, 7:30 PM EST
Fresno State and and head coach Rodney Terry announced its non-conference schedule on Friday and it includes a few interesting matchups with East Coast opponents while also marking the return of the 29th Fresno State Classic.
The Fresno State Classic returns over Thanksgiving weekend on November 29th through December 1st for the first time since 2007 and features Drake, Cal State Bakersfield and Northern Arizona as Fresno State hosts all three schools at the Save Mart Center.
The Bulldogs open the season with a November 8th game on the road at UC Irvine before traveling across the country to face Pittsburgh on November 12th.
While facing the new ACC squad will be a nice early-season test, Fresno State’s biggest non-conference test comes when they travel to Florida for a December 21st game against the Gators at the MetroPCS Orange Bowl Basketball Classic on a neutral court in Sunrise, Florida.
The game marks the first time Fresno State has ever played a men’s basketball game in the state of Florida and should prepare them for the Mountain West.
Other true road games for the Bulldogs include Pacific (Nov. 23), Utah (Dec. 7) and California (Dec. 14).
- Justin Anderson out this weekend after undergoing appendectomy 0
- West Coast Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Film Session: Who can actually beat Kentucky and why 0
- Potential NCAA tournament bid thieves bubble teams should be rooting against 2
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 2
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 2
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (11)
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed (8)
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives (6)