Aug 19, 2013, 7:30 PM EDT
Fresno State and and head coach Rodney Terry announced its non-conference schedule on Friday and it includes a few interesting matchups with East Coast opponents while also marking the return of the 29th Fresno State Classic.
The Fresno State Classic returns over Thanksgiving weekend on November 29th through December 1st for the first time since 2007 and features Drake, Cal State Bakersfield and Northern Arizona as Fresno State hosts all three schools at the Save Mart Center.
The Bulldogs open the season with a November 8th game on the road at UC Irvine before traveling across the country to face Pittsburgh on November 12th.
While facing the new ACC squad will be a nice early-season test, Fresno State’s biggest non-conference test comes when they travel to Florida for a December 21st game against the Gators at the MetroPCS Orange Bowl Basketball Classic on a neutral court in Sunrise, Florida.
The game marks the first time Fresno State has ever played a men’s basketball game in the state of Florida and should prepare them for the Mountain West.
Other true road games for the Bulldogs include Pacific (Nov. 23), Utah (Dec. 7) and California (Dec. 14).
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- AAU Nationals Friday Recap: Event moves to Louisville, Bruce Brown plays well, Noah Dickerson updates recruitment 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 2
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Missouri State’s Marcus Marshall works to strengthen knee, leadership abilities (2)
- Report: 2015 phenom Ben Simmons fully committed to attending LSU (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)