Aug 19, 2013, 7:30 PM EDT
Fresno State and and head coach Rodney Terry announced its non-conference schedule on Friday and it includes a few interesting matchups with East Coast opponents while also marking the return of the 29th Fresno State Classic.
The Fresno State Classic returns over Thanksgiving weekend on November 29th through December 1st for the first time since 2007 and features Drake, Cal State Bakersfield and Northern Arizona as Fresno State hosts all three schools at the Save Mart Center.
The Bulldogs open the season with a November 8th game on the road at UC Irvine before traveling across the country to face Pittsburgh on November 12th.
While facing the new ACC squad will be a nice early-season test, Fresno State’s biggest non-conference test comes when they travel to Florida for a December 21st game against the Gators at the MetroPCS Orange Bowl Basketball Classic on a neutral court in Sunrise, Florida.
The game marks the first time Fresno State has ever played a men’s basketball game in the state of Florida and should prepare them for the Mountain West.
Other true road games for the Bulldogs include Pacific (Nov. 23), Utah (Dec. 7) and California (Dec. 14).
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1