Aug 19, 2013, 3:41 PM EDT
UNLV made a late addition to their 2013-2014 roster on Monday afternoon, as Jamal Aytes announced on twitter that he will be a member of Sin City’s hoops team next season.
I'm officially a UNLV Runnin' Rebel now!!!
— Jamal Aytes (@Jbabyaytes) August 19, 2013
BYU, Boston College, Gonzaga, Miami, Kansas State, Northwestern and West Virginia were among the other teams in the mix for Aytes. A 6-foot-6 bulldog in the paint, Aytes is a California native that played this summer with Dream Vision, the Vegas-based AAU team that produced Shabazz Muhammad. That same program also counts Stephen Zimmermann, one of the top five players in the Class of 2015, as a member. This summer, in Vegas, Zimmermann went head-to-head with Goodluck Okonoboh, a top 15 center in 2014, but it was Aytes that stole the show.
Rice had said that he didn’t intend to use the scholarship that was opened up with Katin Reinhardt transferred out of the program, but was his performance in that game the reason UNLV decided to change their mind?
Ayes joins Kendall Smith, Christian Wood and JuCo transfers Jelan Kendrick and DeVille Smith in UNLV’s 2013 class.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Nike and Under Armour host showcase events as the Shoe Wars continue to heat up (2)