Aug 19, 2013, 5:25 PM EST
It’s okay if you aren’t familiar with Canadian college basketball power Carleton University, but you can be sure that Wisconsin and Syracuse are both prepared for a tough contest this week during their respective Canadian exhibition tours when they face the Canadian Interuniversity Sport powerhouse.
Carleton is in the midst of a Wooden-like nine of 11 years of winning the CIS championship — and that pretty cool-looking trophy in the photo — and they’ve spent the summer thrashing other D-1 programs with a pair of easy double-digit victories over Towson and TCU.
The Badgers play at Carleton’s gym on Wednesday while Syracuse will play Carleton at the Canadian Tire Centre on Friday.
Towson and TCU obviously aren’t on the level of Wisconsin and Syracuse in the college basketball world, but Carleton handled Towson and TCU with a pair of 26-point victories and will surely give Wisconsin and Syracuse a tough game for an August exhibition tour.
It should be of no concern to either Wisconsin or Syracuse if they drop an exhibition game to a well-oiled machine in their home country, but it will be interesting to gauge the results based on what we know about the previous two outcomes.
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)