Aug 19, 2013, 5:25 PM EDT
It’s okay if you aren’t familiar with Canadian college basketball power Carleton University, but you can be sure that Wisconsin and Syracuse are both prepared for a tough contest this week during their respective Canadian exhibition tours when they face the Canadian Interuniversity Sport powerhouse.
Carleton is in the midst of a Wooden-like nine of 11 years of winning the CIS championship — and that pretty cool-looking trophy in the photo — and they’ve spent the summer thrashing other D-1 programs with a pair of easy double-digit victories over Towson and TCU.
The Badgers play at Carleton’s gym on Wednesday while Syracuse will play Carleton at the Canadian Tire Centre on Friday.
Towson and TCU obviously aren’t on the level of Wisconsin and Syracuse in the college basketball world, but Carleton handled Towson and TCU with a pair of 26-point victories and will surely give Wisconsin and Syracuse a tough game for an August exhibition tour.
It should be of no concern to either Wisconsin or Syracuse if they drop an exhibition game to a well-oiled machine in their home country, but it will be interesting to gauge the results based on what we know about the previous two outcomes.
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ 5
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 1
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)
- Indiana grabs commitment from prep school center (VIDEO) (6)
- Harrison twins awaiting feedback from NBA before deciding to return or declare (6)
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ (5)