Aug 19, 2013, 5:25 PM EDT
It’s okay if you aren’t familiar with Canadian college basketball power Carleton University, but you can be sure that Wisconsin and Syracuse are both prepared for a tough contest this week during their respective Canadian exhibition tours when they face the Canadian Interuniversity Sport powerhouse.
Carleton is in the midst of a Wooden-like nine of 11 years of winning the CIS championship — and that pretty cool-looking trophy in the photo — and they’ve spent the summer thrashing other D-1 programs with a pair of easy double-digit victories over Towson and TCU.
The Badgers play at Carleton’s gym on Wednesday while Syracuse will play Carleton at the Canadian Tire Centre on Friday.
Towson and TCU obviously aren’t on the level of Wisconsin and Syracuse in the college basketball world, but Carleton handled Towson and TCU with a pair of 26-point victories and will surely give Wisconsin and Syracuse a tough game for an August exhibition tour.
It should be of no concern to either Wisconsin or Syracuse if they drop an exhibition game to a well-oiled machine in their home country, but it will be interesting to gauge the results based on what we know about the previous two outcomes.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)