Aug 19, 2013, 5:25 PM EDT
It’s okay if you aren’t familiar with Canadian college basketball power Carleton University, but you can be sure that Wisconsin and Syracuse are both prepared for a tough contest this week during their respective Canadian exhibition tours when they face the Canadian Interuniversity Sport powerhouse.
Carleton is in the midst of a Wooden-like nine of 11 years of winning the CIS championship — and that pretty cool-looking trophy in the photo — and they’ve spent the summer thrashing other D-1 programs with a pair of easy double-digit victories over Towson and TCU.
The Badgers play at Carleton’s gym on Wednesday while Syracuse will play Carleton at the Canadian Tire Centre on Friday.
Towson and TCU obviously aren’t on the level of Wisconsin and Syracuse in the college basketball world, but Carleton handled Towson and TCU with a pair of 26-point victories and will surely give Wisconsin and Syracuse a tough game for an August exhibition tour.
It should be of no concern to either Wisconsin or Syracuse if they drop an exhibition game to a well-oiled machine in their home country, but it will be interesting to gauge the results based on what we know about the previous two outcomes.
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (3)