Aug 19, 2013, 5:25 PM EST
It’s okay if you aren’t familiar with Canadian college basketball power Carleton University, but you can be sure that Wisconsin and Syracuse are both prepared for a tough contest this week during their respective Canadian exhibition tours when they face the Canadian Interuniversity Sport powerhouse.
Carleton is in the midst of a Wooden-like nine of 11 years of winning the CIS championship — and that pretty cool-looking trophy in the photo — and they’ve spent the summer thrashing other D-1 programs with a pair of easy double-digit victories over Towson and TCU.
The Badgers play at Carleton’s gym on Wednesday while Syracuse will play Carleton at the Canadian Tire Centre on Friday.
Towson and TCU obviously aren’t on the level of Wisconsin and Syracuse in the college basketball world, but Carleton handled Towson and TCU with a pair of 26-point victories and will surely give Wisconsin and Syracuse a tough game for an August exhibition tour.
It should be of no concern to either Wisconsin or Syracuse if they drop an exhibition game to a well-oiled machine in their home country, but it will be interesting to gauge the results based on what we know about the previous two outcomes.
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 11
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 3
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Bubble Banter: N.C. State lands a critical win, Texas loses … again 2
- Syracuse upsets No. 8 Notre Dame in an inspired ACC road effort 0
- You Make The Call: Did Marcus Paige get fouled on North Carolina’s last possession? (17)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Report: Big Ten looking into idea of making freshmen ineligible for competition in football, men’s basketball (11)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (11)