Aug 20, 2013, 9:00 PM EST
Sam Cassell Jr., son of the 15-year NBA veteran point guard, is once again trying to get into the Division I ranks, after being ruled ineligible by the NCAA last year.
Cassell Jr. has scheduled visits for Marquette and Missouri in September, according to SNY.tv. He will be in Columbia, Mo. from Sept. 7-9, and then in Milwaukee, Wisc. the next weekend. According to SNY.tv, he is also looking at Connecticut, Pittsburgh, Texas A&M, USC, West Virginia, Xavier and Florida State — his father’s alma mater.
The West Baltimore native had committed to the University of Maryland, but was ruled ineligible in September. He spent a post graduate year at Notre Dame Prep (Mass.) and was one of two players — along with Xavier signee Myles Davis — to not be cleared by the NCAA. Cassell eventually landed at Chipola Junior College (Fla.), where he redshirted this past season.
The 6-foot-4 Cassell will likely be one of the more sought after junior college recruits this year with the handles — and pedigree — to play point guard and the size and shooting stroke to play off the ball.
Cassell has committed, decommitted, recommitted, and been ruled ineligible at Maryland, and in April told Matt Bracken of the Baltimore Sun that he expects the Terrapins to rejoin his recruitment.
Photo courtesy Twitter/Rick Lewis
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- Weekend Preview: Things are heating up in the Big 12, plus Coach K No. 1,000? 0
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game 7
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)