Aug 20, 2013, 2:08 PM EDT
On Tuesday afternoon, the SEC released their full conference schedule, which can be seen here.
Feb. 15th, when Florida heads to Kentucky to take on the Wildcats, and March 8th, when Kentucky makes a return trip to Gainesville. Unfortunately, Tennessee only plays Kentucky once this season, visiting Rupp on Jan. 18th, and Kentucky only plays Missouri once. Florida, Missouri and Tennessee will all play home-and-homes.
Frankly, those are the only teams — possibly throwing LSU into that mix — that will have much national interest come conference play this season.
But the good news is that the most polarizing player in the conference, Marshall Henderson, will, in fact, still have eight chances to play on the road in league games. (Assuming he’s still on the team.) Inexplicably, however, Ole Miss won’t be playing at Auburn — where this happened — or at Florida — against whom this happened — this year, which makes no sense. Henderson will make a return to Memorial Gymnasium — where this happened.
This is why SEC fans need to root for Henderson to get it together.
He’ll give you something to watch other than Kentucky steam-rolling the conference.
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 4
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (6)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)