Aug 20, 2013, 2:08 PM EDT
On Tuesday afternoon, the SEC released their full conference schedule, which can be seen here.
Feb. 15th, when Florida heads to Kentucky to take on the Wildcats, and March 8th, when Kentucky makes a return trip to Gainesville. Unfortunately, Tennessee only plays Kentucky once this season, visiting Rupp on Jan. 18th, and Kentucky only plays Missouri once. Florida, Missouri and Tennessee will all play home-and-homes.
Frankly, those are the only teams — possibly throwing LSU into that mix — that will have much national interest come conference play this season.
But the good news is that the most polarizing player in the conference, Marshall Henderson, will, in fact, still have eight chances to play on the road in league games. (Assuming he’s still on the team.) Inexplicably, however, Ole Miss won’t be playing at Auburn — where this happened — or at Florida — against whom this happened — this year, which makes no sense. Henderson will make a return to Memorial Gymnasium — where this happened.
This is why SEC fans need to root for Henderson to get it together.
He’ll give you something to watch other than Kentucky steam-rolling the conference.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)