Aug 21, 2013, 11:24 AM EDT
Daniel Green, who missed all of the 2012-2013 season after tearing the ACL in his right knee, will be out indefinitely after suffering a setback to the knee, Wake Forest announced in a release.
Green suffered the injury in mid-July and underwent surgery last week.
“Unfortunately Daniel’s latest setback required another surgery,” said Wake Forest head coach Jeff Bzdelik. “Our hearts go out to Daniel who has worked extremely hard to get back on the court. As for the timetable for his return, that remains to be seen. Daniel has great resolve, and I’m sure he is determined to overcome this latest adversity.”
Green, a 6-foot-10 redshirt sophomore, averaged 1.4 points and 1.7 rebounds in 7.4 minutes per game in 27 games as a freshman in 2011-2012.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)