Aug 21, 2013, 11:24 AM EDT
Daniel Green, who missed all of the 2012-2013 season after tearing the ACL in his right knee, will be out indefinitely after suffering a setback to the knee, Wake Forest announced in a release.
Green suffered the injury in mid-July and underwent surgery last week.
“Unfortunately Daniel’s latest setback required another surgery,” said Wake Forest head coach Jeff Bzdelik. “Our hearts go out to Daniel who has worked extremely hard to get back on the court. As for the timetable for his return, that remains to be seen. Daniel has great resolve, and I’m sure he is determined to overcome this latest adversity.”
Green, a 6-foot-10 redshirt sophomore, averaged 1.4 points and 1.7 rebounds in 7.4 minutes per game in 27 games as a freshman in 2011-2012.
- Tourney Snacks: Duke-Gonzaga, Louisville-Michigan State advance to Elite 8 0
- No. 1 Duke advances to Elite 8 with win over No. 5 Utah 1
- No. 2 Gonzaga gets past No. 11 UCLA to advance to Elite 8 1
- Sources: Rick Barnes not expected to return to Texas 6
- Steve Lavin and St. John’s ‘mutually agree’ to part ways 1
- No. 2 Arizona pulls away from No. 6 Xavier, setting up West regional final rematch 0
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 17
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Three ACC, two Big Ten teams in Elite Eight (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- NCAA’s Mark Emmert calls Indiana’s religious freedom bill ‘especially concerning’ (20)