Aug 21, 2013, 11:24 AM EDT
Daniel Green, who missed all of the 2012-2013 season after tearing the ACL in his right knee, will be out indefinitely after suffering a setback to the knee, Wake Forest announced in a release.
Green suffered the injury in mid-July and underwent surgery last week.
“Unfortunately Daniel’s latest setback required another surgery,” said Wake Forest head coach Jeff Bzdelik. “Our hearts go out to Daniel who has worked extremely hard to get back on the court. As for the timetable for his return, that remains to be seen. Daniel has great resolve, and I’m sure he is determined to overcome this latest adversity.”
Green, a 6-foot-10 redshirt sophomore, averaged 1.4 points and 1.7 rebounds in 7.4 minutes per game in 27 games as a freshman in 2011-2012.
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- Karl-Anthony Towns becomes Kentucky’s third top overall pick in program history 1
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Jamal Murray’s commitment a huge boost for Kentucky (4)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)