Aug 21, 2013, 11:24 AM EDT
Daniel Green, who missed all of the 2012-2013 season after tearing the ACL in his right knee, will be out indefinitely after suffering a setback to the knee, Wake Forest announced in a release.
Green suffered the injury in mid-July and underwent surgery last week.
“Unfortunately Daniel’s latest setback required another surgery,” said Wake Forest head coach Jeff Bzdelik. “Our hearts go out to Daniel who has worked extremely hard to get back on the court. As for the timetable for his return, that remains to be seen. Daniel has great resolve, and I’m sure he is determined to overcome this latest adversity.”
Green, a 6-foot-10 redshirt sophomore, averaged 1.4 points and 1.7 rebounds in 7.4 minutes per game in 27 games as a freshman in 2011-2012.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)