Aug 22, 2013, 3:38 PM EST
Ohio State has landed their second commitment in the Class of 2015, as 6-foot-8 forward Mickey Mitchell of Plano, TX, committed to the Buckeyes.
Mitchell is one of nine children of former NFL lineback Ken Mitchell. His brother, Mike, is a linebacker and a four-star recruit in Ohio State’s 2013 class. Mickey is also a high-major prospect as a quarterback.
Mitchell is one of the more intriguing prospects in the Class of 2015, where he’s ranked 20th by Rivals. He’s a combo-forward, but he’s talented enough to handle the ball almost in a point guard role. He’s an excellent passer with tremendous vision, although there are times where he tries to be too fancy. He’s athletic, he can finish above the rim and he loves taking a rebound and going coast-to-coast.
His perimeter jumper needs work, but Mitchell is an entertaining player with a bright future.
- Briante Weber suffers season-ending knee injury in No. 14 VCU’s loss to Richmond 0
- No. 4 Duke ends No. 2 Virginia’s unbeaten season 1
- Foul line, offensive rebounding aid No. 13 Louisville’s comeback effort 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 4 Duke rebounds to beat No. 2 Virginia, and No. 8 Notre Dame falls 0
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 1
- Rick Pitino on Terry Rozier’s impending NBA Draft decision: ‘He’s not coming back’ 0
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)