Aug 22, 2013, 3:38 PM EDT
Ohio State has landed their second commitment in the Class of 2015, as 6-foot-8 forward Mickey Mitchell of Plano, TX, committed to the Buckeyes.
Mitchell is one of nine children of former NFL lineback Ken Mitchell. His brother, Mike, is a linebacker and a four-star recruit in Ohio State’s 2013 class. Mickey is also a high-major prospect as a quarterback.
Mitchell is one of the more intriguing prospects in the Class of 2015, where he’s ranked 20th by Rivals. He’s a combo-forward, but he’s talented enough to handle the ball almost in a point guard role. He’s an excellent passer with tremendous vision, although there are times where he tries to be too fancy. He’s athletic, he can finish above the rim and he loves taking a rebound and going coast-to-coast.
His perimeter jumper needs work, but Mitchell is an entertaining player with a bright future.
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (3)