Aug 22, 2013, 3:38 PM EDT
Ohio State has landed their second commitment in the Class of 2015, as 6-foot-8 forward Mickey Mitchell of Plano, TX, committed to the Buckeyes.
Mitchell is one of nine children of former NFL lineback Ken Mitchell. His brother, Mike, is a linebacker and a four-star recruit in Ohio State’s 2013 class. Mickey is also a high-major prospect as a quarterback.
Mitchell is one of the more intriguing prospects in the Class of 2015, where he’s ranked 20th by Rivals. He’s a combo-forward, but he’s talented enough to handle the ball almost in a point guard role. He’s an excellent passer with tremendous vision, although there are times where he tries to be too fancy. He’s athletic, he can finish above the rim and he loves taking a rebound and going coast-to-coast.
His perimeter jumper needs work, but Mitchell is an entertaining player with a bright future.
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 0
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)