Aug 22, 2013, 3:38 PM EDT
Ohio State has landed their second commitment in the Class of 2015, as 6-foot-8 forward Mickey Mitchell of Plano, TX, committed to the Buckeyes.
Mitchell is one of nine children of former NFL lineback Ken Mitchell. His brother, Mike, is a linebacker and a four-star recruit in Ohio State’s 2013 class. Mickey is also a high-major prospect as a quarterback.
Mitchell is one of the more intriguing prospects in the Class of 2015, where he’s ranked 20th by Rivals. He’s a combo-forward, but he’s talented enough to handle the ball almost in a point guard role. He’s an excellent passer with tremendous vision, although there are times where he tries to be too fancy. He’s athletic, he can finish above the rim and he loves taking a rebound and going coast-to-coast.
His perimeter jumper needs work, but Mitchell is an entertaining player with a bright future.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 7
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)