Aug 22, 2013, 3:38 PM EDT
Ohio State has landed their second commitment in the Class of 2015, as 6-foot-8 forward Mickey Mitchell of Plano, TX, committed to the Buckeyes.
Mitchell is one of nine children of former NFL lineback Ken Mitchell. His brother, Mike, is a linebacker and a four-star recruit in Ohio State’s 2013 class. Mickey is also a high-major prospect as a quarterback.
Mitchell is one of the more intriguing prospects in the Class of 2015, where he’s ranked 20th by Rivals. He’s a combo-forward, but he’s talented enough to handle the ball almost in a point guard role. He’s an excellent passer with tremendous vision, although there are times where he tries to be too fancy. He’s athletic, he can finish above the rim and he loves taking a rebound and going coast-to-coast.
His perimeter jumper needs work, but Mitchell is an entertaining player with a bright future.
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 2
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Missouri State’s Marcus Marshall works to strengthen knee, leadership abilities (2)
- Report: 2015 phenom Ben Simmons fully committed to attending LSU (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)