Aug 22, 2013, 8:41 PM EDT
With two assistant coaches leaving the program at the end of the 2012-13 season, Rider head coach Kevin Baggett had some slots to fill on his coaching staff for the 2013-14 campaign. The first move was to promote John Griffin, who was the director of basketball operations last season, to assistant coach.
And according to a report from Kyle Franco of the Trentonian, the other vacancy will be filled by Donyell Marshall. Marshall, who averaged 11.2 points and 6.7 rebounds per game in 15 seasons in the NBA, has experience as an assistant at both the collegiate (George Washington; 2010-11) and professional levels (Maine Red Claws; 2011-12).
Marshall’s most noteworthy achievements as a player came at the college level, as he earned Big East Player of the Year and consensus All-America honors as a junior at UConn in 1994. Marshall averaged 25.1 points per game, leading the Huskies to a 29-5 record and a Sweet 16 appearance.
Interestingly enough UConn’s first round victory in the NCAA tournament that season came at the expense of Rider, as the Huskies beat the Broncs by the final score of 64-46. Marshall led the way offensively for the Huskies, scoring a game-high 19 points.
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)