Aug 22, 2013, 8:41 PM EDT
With two assistant coaches leaving the program at the end of the 2012-13 season, Rider head coach Kevin Baggett had some slots to fill on his coaching staff for the 2013-14 campaign. The first move was to promote John Griffin, who was the director of basketball operations last season, to assistant coach.
And according to a report from Kyle Franco of the Trentonian, the other vacancy will be filled by Donyell Marshall. Marshall, who averaged 11.2 points and 6.7 rebounds per game in 15 seasons in the NBA, has experience as an assistant at both the collegiate (George Washington; 2010-11) and professional levels (Maine Red Claws; 2011-12).
Marshall’s most noteworthy achievements as a player came at the college level, as he earned Big East Player of the Year and consensus All-America honors as a junior at UConn in 1994. Marshall averaged 25.1 points per game, leading the Huskies to a 29-5 record and a Sweet 16 appearance.
Interestingly enough UConn’s first round victory in the NCAA tournament that season came at the expense of Rider, as the Huskies beat the Broncs by the final score of 64-46. Marshall led the way offensively for the Huskies, scoring a game-high 19 points.
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 1
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)