Aug 22, 2013, 8:41 PM EST
With two assistant coaches leaving the program at the end of the 2012-13 season, Rider head coach Kevin Baggett had some slots to fill on his coaching staff for the 2013-14 campaign. The first move was to promote John Griffin, who was the director of basketball operations last season, to assistant coach.
And according to a report from Kyle Franco of the Trentonian, the other vacancy will be filled by Donyell Marshall. Marshall, who averaged 11.2 points and 6.7 rebounds per game in 15 seasons in the NBA, has experience as an assistant at both the collegiate (George Washington; 2010-11) and professional levels (Maine Red Claws; 2011-12).
Marshall’s most noteworthy achievements as a player came at the college level, as he earned Big East Player of the Year and consensus All-America honors as a junior at UConn in 1994. Marshall averaged 25.1 points per game, leading the Huskies to a 29-5 record and a Sweet 16 appearance.
Interestingly enough UConn’s first round victory in the NCAA tournament that season came at the expense of Rider, as the Huskies beat the Broncs by the final score of 64-46. Marshall led the way offensively for the Huskies, scoring a game-high 19 points.
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 0
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 1
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)