Aug 22, 2013, 12:04 PM EDT
Maryland has landed their fourth recruit in the Class of 2014, as seven-footer Trayvon Reed has committed to the Terps, according to multiple reports.
Reed is Maryland’s fourth top 100 commitment, joining point guard Romelo Trimble and wings Jared Nickens and Dion Wiley, but he’s the first front court player in the class. As of now, Reed is more of a project than anything. He’s got loads of potential given his size, athleticism and coordination, but he needs to add quite a bit of weight and strength to be able to compete with some of the big bodies in the Big Ten. It would also be nice to see him add a post move or two, as his offensive at this point is more-or-less a dunk.
Regardless, Maryland is shaping up to be a real problem when they enter the Big Ten in 2014-2015. Nick Faust, Roddy Peters, Seth Allen and Jake Layman would be joined by Trimble, Wiley and Nickens on the perimeter with big bodies Charles Mitchell and Shaq Cleare joining Reed up front. That’s a promising group.
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 0
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)