Aug 23, 2013, 5:28 PM EDT
Six-foot guard Cameron Fowler redshirted as a freshman at Iowa State last season, and he eventually decided to transfer to Niagara in the spring. Luckily for Fowler he won’t have to sit out another season, as it was reported by Jon Rothstein of CBS Sports that the guard is eligible to play immediately.
As a senior at U-D Jesuit High in Detroit, Fowler averaged 17.2 points and 8.0 assists per game, and he earned All-Catholic League honors in three of his four seasons at the school. Given the roster turnover at Niagara, there’s a chance that Fowler could see playing time under new head coach Chris Casey.
Both Juan’ya Green and Ameen Tanksley made the decision to transfer to Hofstra, following coach Joe Mihalich after he accepted the head coaching position there. Also, MAAC All-Freshman Team honoree T.J. Cline transferred to Richmond.
The Purple Eagles won’t be devoid of talent however, as leading scorer Antoine Mason (18.7 ppg, 4.1 rpg) and key contributors Marvin Jordan (8.2 ppg) and Tahjere McCall (4.0, 3.3, 23 starts) have all returned. But with the personnel losses it’s going to be tough for Niagara to hold off Iona and Manhattan as they look to repeat at MAAC regular season champions.
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 2
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (7)