Aug 23, 2013, 5:28 PM EDT
Six-foot guard Cameron Fowler redshirted as a freshman at Iowa State last season, and he eventually decided to transfer to Niagara in the spring. Luckily for Fowler he won’t have to sit out another season, as it was reported by Jon Rothstein of CBS Sports that the guard is eligible to play immediately.
As a senior at U-D Jesuit High in Detroit, Fowler averaged 17.2 points and 8.0 assists per game, and he earned All-Catholic League honors in three of his four seasons at the school. Given the roster turnover at Niagara, there’s a chance that Fowler could see playing time under new head coach Chris Casey.
Both Juan’ya Green and Ameen Tanksley made the decision to transfer to Hofstra, following coach Joe Mihalich after he accepted the head coaching position there. Also, MAAC All-Freshman Team honoree T.J. Cline transferred to Richmond.
The Purple Eagles won’t be devoid of talent however, as leading scorer Antoine Mason (18.7 ppg, 4.1 rpg) and key contributors Marvin Jordan (8.2 ppg) and Tahjere McCall (4.0, 3.3, 23 starts) have all returned. But with the personnel losses it’s going to be tough for Niagara to hold off Iona and Manhattan as they look to repeat at MAAC regular season champions.
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ 1
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 0
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)