Aug 24, 2013, 2:00 PM EST
Gonzaga picked up a high-level passer on Saturday morning as Colorado native and point guard Josh Perkins opted to commit to the Zags during an announcement on Colorado TV station 9NEWS.
Instead of a traditional hat ceremony, Perkins lifted his t-shirt on the 9NEWS Morning Show to reveal that he committed to Gonzaga by writing the choice across his stomach.
The 6’2″ Perkins is regarded as a four-star prospect by Rivals and ranked as the No. 28 overall prospect in the class.
Perkins recently transferred high schools and is leaving Colorado for Huntington Prep for his senior season after averaging 25.2 points and 6.5 assists last season at Regis Jesuit High School.
Gonzaga now has two commitments in the 2014 class following the spring commitment of Portland native and shooting guard Silas Melson. Perkins chose Gonzaga over UCLA and Minnesota.
- College Basketball Talk’s Top 25: Virginia moves up, three teams drop out 0
- ACC suspends Louisville junior forward Montrezl Harrell one game 0
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 5
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 3
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (5)
- Tracking The Unbeatens: There are now just nine teams without a loss (3)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)