Aug 24, 2013, 2:00 PM EST
Gonzaga picked up a high-level passer on Saturday morning as Colorado native and point guard Josh Perkins opted to commit to the Zags during an announcement on Colorado TV station 9NEWS.
Instead of a traditional hat ceremony, Perkins lifted his t-shirt on the 9NEWS Morning Show to reveal that he committed to Gonzaga by writing the choice across his stomach.
The 6’2″ Perkins is regarded as a four-star prospect by Rivals and ranked as the No. 28 overall prospect in the class.
Perkins recently transferred high schools and is leaving Colorado for Huntington Prep for his senior season after averaging 25.2 points and 6.5 assists last season at Regis Jesuit High School.
Gonzaga now has two commitments in the 2014 class following the spring commitment of Portland native and shooting guard Silas Melson. Perkins chose Gonzaga over UCLA and Minnesota.
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 0
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 5
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent (3)