Aug 24, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
Gonzaga picked up a high-level passer on Saturday morning as Colorado native and point guard Josh Perkins opted to commit to the Zags during an announcement on Colorado TV station 9NEWS.
Instead of a traditional hat ceremony, Perkins lifted his t-shirt on the 9NEWS Morning Show to reveal that he committed to Gonzaga by writing the choice across his stomach.
The 6’2″ Perkins is regarded as a four-star prospect by Rivals and ranked as the No. 28 overall prospect in the class.
Perkins recently transferred high schools and is leaving Colorado for Huntington Prep for his senior season after averaging 25.2 points and 6.5 assists last season at Regis Jesuit High School.
Gonzaga now has two commitments in the 2014 class following the spring commitment of Portland native and shooting guard Silas Melson. Perkins chose Gonzaga over UCLA and Minnesota.
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ 5
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 1
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)
- Indiana grabs commitment from prep school center (VIDEO) (6)
- Harrison twins awaiting feedback from NBA before deciding to return or declare (6)
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ (5)