Aug 24, 2013, 2:00 PM EST
Gonzaga picked up a high-level passer on Saturday morning as Colorado native and point guard Josh Perkins opted to commit to the Zags during an announcement on Colorado TV station 9NEWS.
Instead of a traditional hat ceremony, Perkins lifted his t-shirt on the 9NEWS Morning Show to reveal that he committed to Gonzaga by writing the choice across his stomach.
The 6’2″ Perkins is regarded as a four-star prospect by Rivals and ranked as the No. 28 overall prospect in the class.
Perkins recently transferred high schools and is leaving Colorado for Huntington Prep for his senior season after averaging 25.2 points and 6.5 assists last season at Regis Jesuit High School.
Gonzaga now has two commitments in the 2014 class following the spring commitment of Portland native and shooting guard Silas Melson. Perkins chose Gonzaga over UCLA and Minnesota.
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 11
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 3
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (11)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)