Aug 24, 2013, 2:00 PM EST
Gonzaga picked up a high-level passer on Saturday morning as Colorado native and point guard Josh Perkins opted to commit to the Zags during an announcement on Colorado TV station 9NEWS.
Instead of a traditional hat ceremony, Perkins lifted his t-shirt on the 9NEWS Morning Show to reveal that he committed to Gonzaga by writing the choice across his stomach.
The 6’2″ Perkins is regarded as a four-star prospect by Rivals and ranked as the No. 28 overall prospect in the class.
Perkins recently transferred high schools and is leaving Colorado for Huntington Prep for his senior season after averaging 25.2 points and 6.5 assists last season at Regis Jesuit High School.
Gonzaga now has two commitments in the 2014 class following the spring commitment of Portland native and shooting guard Silas Melson. Perkins chose Gonzaga over UCLA and Minnesota.
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 5
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 12
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 3
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)