Aug 24, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
When you have a cool nickname like “Dunk City”, people tend to want to check out your games. Although Florida Gulf Coast and the Atlantic Sun aren’t typically on national television, thanks to an improbable run to the Sweet 16, Dunk City will have four nationally televised games in 2013-14, according to Florida Gulf Coast’s athletics website.
New coach Joe Dooley and the Eagles open the season on the road at Nebraska on Friday, November 8th to open the Huskers’ brand new Pinnacle Arena on Big Ten Network before their home opener — “Breakfast at the Beach” — against Hartford airs on ESPN2 at 7 a.m. as part of the 24-Hour Tip-Off Marathon on November 12th.
Florida Gulf Coast also will face in-state foe South Florida for the first time on December 17th in a game on ESPNU as part of the Continental Tire Las Vegas Classic. That contest will be played in Tampa.
The rematch of the Atlantic Sun Championship between Florida Gulf Coast and Mercer on February 21st will also be on ESPNU.
With at least four games on national television, this should help Dunk City ride the momentum of last season’s tournament run. The Eagles return four starters and should be the favorite in the Atlantic Sun this season.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)
- Seton Hall to give scholarship basketball players $2,600 towards cost of attendance (1)
- Indiana president none too pleased with recent legal issues involving student-athletes (1)
- Throwback Thursday: When we realized Russell Westbrook was a freak (VIDEO) (1)