Aug 25, 2013, 4:47 PM EDT
On Sunday the Missouri basketball program landed its third commitment in the class of 2014, as 6-4 wing Ronnie Suggs verbally committed to attend the SEC school. However Suggs, whose older brother Scott wrapped up his career at Washington this past spring, will attend prep school and not enroll at Missouri until 2015.
Given his position, delaying his enrollment for a season may be a good idea for Suggs. With Jabari Brown and Jordan Clarkson both being seniors in 2014-15 and Baylor transfer Deuce Bello being a redshirt junior, playing time would be tougher to come by especially when considering the fact that Chris Sandifer is also a 2014 commitment.
Taking the year at prep school will allow Suggs to mature physically, and at this point he’ll likely be in a better position to earn immediate playing time when 2015 rolls around. So what kind of player is Missouri getting? Brian Snow of Scout.com offered up the following notes in his story on the southpaw’s commitment:
At 6-foot-4, Suggs has long arms, good athleticism, and a high motor. He had a solid showing with the St. Louis Eagles during the EYBL as a role player on the wing alongside Texas commitment Jordan Barnett.
Below are a few clips of Suggs in action.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)