Aug 25, 2013, 4:47 PM EDT
On Sunday the Missouri basketball program landed its third commitment in the class of 2014, as 6-4 wing Ronnie Suggs verbally committed to attend the SEC school. However Suggs, whose older brother Scott wrapped up his career at Washington this past spring, will attend prep school and not enroll at Missouri until 2015.
Given his position, delaying his enrollment for a season may be a good idea for Suggs. With Jabari Brown and Jordan Clarkson both being seniors in 2014-15 and Baylor transfer Deuce Bello being a redshirt junior, playing time would be tougher to come by especially when considering the fact that Chris Sandifer is also a 2014 commitment.
Taking the year at prep school will allow Suggs to mature physically, and at this point he’ll likely be in a better position to earn immediate playing time when 2015 rolls around. So what kind of player is Missouri getting? Brian Snow of Scout.com offered up the following notes in his story on the southpaw’s commitment:
At 6-foot-4, Suggs has long arms, good athleticism, and a high motor. He had a solid showing with the St. Louis Eagles during the EYBL as a role player on the wing alongside Texas commitment Jordan Barnett.
Below are a few clips of Suggs in action.
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)