Aug 25, 2013, 4:47 PM EST
On Sunday the Missouri basketball program landed its third commitment in the class of 2014, as 6-4 wing Ronnie Suggs verbally committed to attend the SEC school. However Suggs, whose older brother Scott wrapped up his career at Washington this past spring, will attend prep school and not enroll at Missouri until 2015.
Given his position, delaying his enrollment for a season may be a good idea for Suggs. With Jabari Brown and Jordan Clarkson both being seniors in 2014-15 and Baylor transfer Deuce Bello being a redshirt junior, playing time would be tougher to come by especially when considering the fact that Chris Sandifer is also a 2014 commitment.
Taking the year at prep school will allow Suggs to mature physically, and at this point he’ll likely be in a better position to earn immediate playing time when 2015 rolls around. So what kind of player is Missouri getting? Brian Snow of Scout.com offered up the following notes in his story on the southpaw’s commitment:
At 6-foot-4, Suggs has long arms, good athleticism, and a high motor. He had a solid showing with the St. Louis Eagles during the EYBL as a role player on the wing alongside Texas commitment Jordan Barnett.
Below are a few clips of Suggs in action.
- Weekly Awards: Marquette’s new addition, a shakeup in Pac-12’s power structure ? 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top 25: Virginia moves up, three teams drop out 0
- ACC suspends Louisville junior forward Montrezl Harrell one game 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Ohio State Buckeyes 0
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 5
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (5)
- Tracking The Unbeatens: There are now just nine teams without a loss (3)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)