Aug 25, 2013, 4:47 PM EDT
On Sunday the Missouri basketball program landed its third commitment in the class of 2014, as 6-4 wing Ronnie Suggs verbally committed to attend the SEC school. However Suggs, whose older brother Scott wrapped up his career at Washington this past spring, will attend prep school and not enroll at Missouri until 2015.
Given his position, delaying his enrollment for a season may be a good idea for Suggs. With Jabari Brown and Jordan Clarkson both being seniors in 2014-15 and Baylor transfer Deuce Bello being a redshirt junior, playing time would be tougher to come by especially when considering the fact that Chris Sandifer is also a 2014 commitment.
Taking the year at prep school will allow Suggs to mature physically, and at this point he’ll likely be in a better position to earn immediate playing time when 2015 rolls around. So what kind of player is Missouri getting? Brian Snow of Scout.com offered up the following notes in his story on the southpaw’s commitment:
At 6-foot-4, Suggs has long arms, good athleticism, and a high motor. He had a solid showing with the St. Louis Eagles during the EYBL as a role player on the wing alongside Texas commitment Jordan Barnett.
Below are a few clips of Suggs in action.
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 0
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 1
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 2
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 23
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (86)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (23)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)