Aug 25, 2013, 4:47 PM EST
On Sunday the Missouri basketball program landed its third commitment in the class of 2014, as 6-4 wing Ronnie Suggs verbally committed to attend the SEC school. However Suggs, whose older brother Scott wrapped up his career at Washington this past spring, will attend prep school and not enroll at Missouri until 2015.
Given his position, delaying his enrollment for a season may be a good idea for Suggs. With Jabari Brown and Jordan Clarkson both being seniors in 2014-15 and Baylor transfer Deuce Bello being a redshirt junior, playing time would be tougher to come by especially when considering the fact that Chris Sandifer is also a 2014 commitment.
Taking the year at prep school will allow Suggs to mature physically, and at this point he’ll likely be in a better position to earn immediate playing time when 2015 rolls around. So what kind of player is Missouri getting? Brian Snow of Scout.com offered up the following notes in his story on the southpaw’s commitment:
At 6-foot-4, Suggs has long arms, good athleticism, and a high motor. He had a solid showing with the St. Louis Eagles during the EYBL as a role player on the wing alongside Texas commitment Jordan Barnett.
Below are a few clips of Suggs in action.
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games 0
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? 4
- North Carolina shows up ready to compete, knocks off No. 1 Michigan State 2
- Duke doesn’t need Rasheed Sulaimon if they have three guys that fit into a role 2
- The Chase for 180: Doug McDermott’s tough night 0
- Marshall Henderson’s on-court antics aren’t changing. Deal with it (5)
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (4)
- Tim Floyd tees off on Andy Enfield: ‘We’re not going to take it in the shorts’ (3)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- No. 20 Creighton gets 27 from Doug McDermott, stifles Jahii Carson in blowout (2)