Aug 25, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
Saturday night, UNLV rising sophomore forward Savon Goodman was suspended for the 2013-2014 season by head coach Dave Rice.
On Aug. 15, a warrant was issued for Goodman’s arrest, according to Taylor Bren of the Las Vegas Sun. Goodman is facing charges of first degree burglary and grand larceny — both felonies — as well as a gross misdemeanor charge. The alleged incident occurred on May 18.
Goodman has not been convicted on any charge, and is scheduled to be arraigned in court on Friday.
“We are aware of the situation and are gathering more information,” Rice told the Sun. “I will not have any specific comment until we know more. Having said that, regardless of the resolution, at the very least Savon Goodman will not play this season so he can focus on getting his priorities in order.”
Despite the charges, Rice said he did not kick Goodman off the team, and that he will begin classes at UNLV on Monday.
Goodman averaged 3.6 points and 2.4 rebounds as a freshman this past season.
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 0
- Bracketology: Florida in driver’s seat for overall No. 1 seed 1
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans 3
- Bubble Banter: Nebraska’s marquee win, St. Joseph’s problematic loss 0
- Turnovers help Ohio State beat No. 22 Michigan State in regular season finale 1
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed 10
- Jabari Parker, Rodney Hood score 54 in No. 4 Duke’s win over No. 14 UNC 0
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (10)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league (6)