Aug 25, 2013, 9:30 AM EST
Saturday night, UNLV rising sophomore forward Savon Goodman was suspended for the 2013-2014 season by head coach Dave Rice.
On Aug. 15, a warrant was issued for Goodman’s arrest, according to Taylor Bren of the Las Vegas Sun. Goodman is facing charges of first degree burglary and grand larceny — both felonies — as well as a gross misdemeanor charge. The alleged incident occurred on May 18.
Goodman has not been convicted on any charge, and is scheduled to be arraigned in court on Friday.
“We are aware of the situation and are gathering more information,” Rice told the Sun. “I will not have any specific comment until we know more. Having said that, regardless of the resolution, at the very least Savon Goodman will not play this season so he can focus on getting his priorities in order.”
Despite the charges, Rice said he did not kick Goodman off the team, and that he will begin classes at UNLV on Monday.
Goodman averaged 3.6 points and 2.4 rebounds as a freshman this past season.
- Bubble Banter: Davidson with a big win, Stanford in trouble, and … VCU? 0
- Justin Anderson out this weekend after undergoing appendectomy 0
- West Coast Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Film Session: Who can actually beat Kentucky and why 0
- Potential NCAA tournament bid thieves bubble teams should be rooting against 2
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 2
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (11)
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed (9)
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives (8)