Aug 25, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
Saturday night, UNLV rising sophomore forward Savon Goodman was suspended for the 2013-2014 season by head coach Dave Rice.
On Aug. 15, a warrant was issued for Goodman’s arrest, according to Taylor Bren of the Las Vegas Sun. Goodman is facing charges of first degree burglary and grand larceny — both felonies — as well as a gross misdemeanor charge. The alleged incident occurred on May 18.
Goodman has not been convicted on any charge, and is scheduled to be arraigned in court on Friday.
“We are aware of the situation and are gathering more information,” Rice told the Sun. “I will not have any specific comment until we know more. Having said that, regardless of the resolution, at the very least Savon Goodman will not play this season so he can focus on getting his priorities in order.”
Despite the charges, Rice said he did not kick Goodman off the team, and that he will begin classes at UNLV on Monday.
Goodman averaged 3.6 points and 2.4 rebounds as a freshman this past season.
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)
- Sean Miller gives update on Arizona forward Brandon Ashley (1)