Aug 26, 2013, 9:30 PM EDT
Larry Brown and SMU may be on the verge of an incredible Class of 2014.
On Saturday, at halftime of the Elite 24 in Brooklyn, Prime Prep Academy (Texas) point guard Emmanuel Mudiay picked the Mustangs over Kentucky. Two days later, Trinity High (Texas) center Myles Turner, ranked No. 6 overall by Rivals, decided he will reconsider SMU, according to ESPN Insider Jeff Goodman.
Myles Turner told me last night SMU is now in the equation after Emmanuel Mudiay’s commitment. He may take an official visit to Mustangs.
— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanESPN) August 26, 2013
Turner, the biggest stock riser this summer, had cut his list to eight schools — Arizona, Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisville, Ohio State, Oklahoma State and Texas — three weeks ago, eliminating SMU. Although, Mudiay’s surprise decision has appeared to throw a wrench in Turner’s plans. Mudiay and Turner have been rumored to be in a package deal.
Put Turner into the mix with Mudiay and incoming freshman Keith Frazier, and Brown may have the core of players needed to make a run in the NCAA tournament, which may turn out to be the last one for the Hall of Fame coach.
The 6-foot-10 shot blocker has previously scheduled a visit to Kansas for Late Night at the Phog.
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)