Aug 26, 2013, 9:30 PM EDT
Larry Brown and SMU may be on the verge of an incredible Class of 2014.
On Saturday, at halftime of the Elite 24 in Brooklyn, Prime Prep Academy (Texas) point guard Emmanuel Mudiay picked the Mustangs over Kentucky. Two days later, Trinity High (Texas) center Myles Turner, ranked No. 6 overall by Rivals, decided he will reconsider SMU, according to ESPN Insider Jeff Goodman.
Myles Turner told me last night SMU is now in the equation after Emmanuel Mudiay’s commitment. He may take an official visit to Mustangs.
— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanESPN) August 26, 2013
Turner, the biggest stock riser this summer, had cut his list to eight schools – Arizona, Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisville, Ohio State, Oklahoma State and Texas — three weeks ago, eliminating SMU. Although, Mudiay’s surprise decision has appeared to throw a wrench in Turner’s plans. Mudiay and Turner have been rumored to be in a package deal.
Put Turner into the mix with Mudiay and incoming freshman Keith Frazier, and Brown may have the core of players needed to make a run in the NCAA tournament, which may turn out to be the last one for the Hall of Fame coach.
The 6-foot-10 shot blocker has previously scheduled a visit to Kansas for Late Night at the Phog.
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (3)