Aug 26, 2013, 9:30 PM EDT
Larry Brown and SMU may be on the verge of an incredible Class of 2014.
On Saturday, at halftime of the Elite 24 in Brooklyn, Prime Prep Academy (Texas) point guard Emmanuel Mudiay picked the Mustangs over Kentucky. Two days later, Trinity High (Texas) center Myles Turner, ranked No. 6 overall by Rivals, decided he will reconsider SMU, according to ESPN Insider Jeff Goodman.
Myles Turner told me last night SMU is now in the equation after Emmanuel Mudiay’s commitment. He may take an official visit to Mustangs.
— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanESPN) August 26, 2013
Turner, the biggest stock riser this summer, had cut his list to eight schools — Arizona, Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisville, Ohio State, Oklahoma State and Texas — three weeks ago, eliminating SMU. Although, Mudiay’s surprise decision has appeared to throw a wrench in Turner’s plans. Mudiay and Turner have been rumored to be in a package deal.
Put Turner into the mix with Mudiay and incoming freshman Keith Frazier, and Brown may have the core of players needed to make a run in the NCAA tournament, which may turn out to be the last one for the Hall of Fame coach.
The 6-foot-10 shot blocker has previously scheduled a visit to Kansas for Late Night at the Phog.
- Fixing his flaws: How Kris Dunn has attacked the two weaknesses in his game 0
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 2
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble (2)
- Marquette coaches discuss daily ‘noon ball’ tradition (VIDEO) (2)
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? (2)