Aug 28, 2013, 11:12 AM EDT
Fans in Lexington can breathe a bit easier today, as the three missing McDonald’s All-Americans — James Young and the Harrison twins, Andrew and Aaron — have officially enrolled in classes at Kentucky.
This season, John Calipari brings in one of the best recruiting classes of all-time, but with half of that class attending summer school and half of that class, well, not, Big Blue Nation spent the summer nervously awaiting the other shoe to drop.
Kentucky didn’t comment on it, sticking to their policy of waiting until the first day of enrollment to discuss enrollment. That’s today. They won’t comment on the eligibility of those players until the day of their first game, but at this point, there’s really no reason to assume that the eligibility of any of the three — or of the three collectively — is in jeopardy.
If you’re looking for a chance to read between the lines, look at Kentucky’s updated 2013-2014 roster: all six freshmen are on there.
What that means is that it looks likely that the legendary recruiting class that Coach Cal put together will actually play together this season, and that’s a scary thought.
There are as many as eight NBA players on this roster. Their second five could end up being a top 25 team. There’s a chance that we can witness history this season. At the very least, non-conference battles with Michigan State, Louisville and North Carolina will be must-see TV.
And unless you reside in Louisville or Gainesville — and maybe Chapel Hill or Durham — that’s good news.
At the very least, the ticket scalpers in Dallas can start licking their chops about the 2014 Final Four.
- How Jaylen Brown’s commitment made a huge impact on the finalists recruiting him 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 3
- Five-star wing Jaylen Brown commits to California 0
- With Billy Donovan headed to Oklahoma City, where does this leave Florida? 5
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique 12
- Report: Billy Donovan, Oklahoma City ‘nearing an agreement’ on coaching vacancy 2
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? 11
- 2015 College Basketball Early Entry List (14)
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique (12)
- How concerned should North Carolina fans be that Brandon Ingram passed on the Tar Heels? (11)
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? (11)
- Report: Five-star small forward Jaylen Brown cuts list to four (6)