Aug 28, 2013, 11:12 AM EST
Fans in Lexington can breathe a bit easier today, as the three missing McDonald’s All-Americans — James Young and the Harrison twins, Andrew and Aaron — have officially enrolled in classes at Kentucky.
This season, John Calipari brings in one of the best recruiting classes of all-time, but with half of that class attending summer school and half of that class, well, not, Big Blue Nation spent the summer nervously awaiting the other shoe to drop.
Kentucky didn’t comment on it, sticking to their policy of waiting until the first day of enrollment to discuss enrollment. That’s today. They won’t comment on the eligibility of those players until the day of their first game, but at this point, there’s really no reason to assume that the eligibility of any of the three — or of the three collectively — is in jeopardy.
If you’re looking for a chance to read between the lines, look at Kentucky’s updated 2013-2014 roster: all six freshmen are on there.
What that means is that it looks likely that the legendary recruiting class that Coach Cal put together will actually play together this season, and that’s a scary thought.
There are as many as eight NBA players on this roster. Their second five could end up being a top 25 team. There’s a chance that we can witness history this season. At the very least, non-conference battles with Michigan State, Louisville and North Carolina will be must-see TV.
And unless you reside in Louisville or Gainesville — and maybe Chapel Hill or Durham — that’s good news.
At the very least, the ticket scalpers in Dallas can start licking their chops about the 2014 Final Four.
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 0
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 2
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 1
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky are still 1-2 (5)