Aug 28, 2013, 3:00 PM EST
Ron Giplaye, a forward at East Tennessee State, will be out indefinitely after undergoing open heart surgery, according to a report.
Giplaye needed the surgery to correct a “congenital cardiac abnormality”.
Giplaye played two seasons at Providence, averaging 1.3 points as a sophomore, before transferring out. He sat out the 2012-2013 season as a redshirt.
ETSU is coming off of a 10-win season. Giplaye is part of a six-man recruiting class that head coach Murry Bartow has brought in.
- Tracking The Unbeatens: The showdown between Kentucky, Louisville looms 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Ohio State Buckeyes 0
- Weekly Awards: Marquette’s new addition, a shakeup in Pac-12’s power structure ? 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top 25: Virginia moves up, three teams drop out 0
- ACC suspends Louisville junior forward Montrezl Harrell one game 0
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 5
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Tracking The Unbeatens: There are now just nine teams without a loss (3)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)