Aug 28, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
Ron Giplaye, a forward at East Tennessee State, will be out indefinitely after undergoing open heart surgery, according to a report.
Giplaye needed the surgery to correct a “congenital cardiac abnormality”.
Giplaye played two seasons at Providence, averaging 1.3 points as a sophomore, before transferring out. He sat out the 2012-2013 season as a redshirt.
ETSU is coming off of a 10-win season. Giplaye is part of a six-man recruiting class that head coach Murry Bartow has brought in.
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 1
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)