Aug 28, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
Ron Giplaye, a forward at East Tennessee State, will be out indefinitely after undergoing open heart surgery, according to a report.
Giplaye needed the surgery to correct a “congenital cardiac abnormality”.
Giplaye played two seasons at Providence, averaging 1.3 points as a sophomore, before transferring out. He sat out the 2012-2013 season as a redshirt.
ETSU is coming off of a 10-win season. Giplaye is part of a six-man recruiting class that head coach Murry Bartow has brought in.
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ 4
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 0
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)