Aug 28, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
Ron Giplaye, a forward at East Tennessee State, will be out indefinitely after undergoing open heart surgery, according to a report.
Giplaye needed the surgery to correct a “congenital cardiac abnormality”.
Giplaye played two seasons at Providence, averaging 1.3 points as a sophomore, before transferring out. He sat out the 2012-2013 season as a redshirt.
ETSU is coming off of a 10-win season. Giplaye is part of a six-man recruiting class that head coach Murry Bartow has brought in.
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 6
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)