Aug 28, 2013, 1:58 PM EDT
Siena will be without Evan Hymes for up to six weeks after the 5-foot-8 junior guard broke his hand during the team’s trip to Canada this week.
The injury came as the Saints lost to McGill.
If Hymes is out for the full six weeks, he’ll be ready to return in mid-October, a good three weeks before games are to be played. Hymes nearly transferred to a school closer to his North Carolina home back in April.
As a sophomore, Hymes averaged 10.6 points and 3.7 assists for the Saints, who won just eight games a season ago. Since then, Jimmy Patsos has taken over as head coach of the program.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)