Aug 28, 2013, 1:58 PM EST
Siena will be without Evan Hymes for up to six weeks after the 5-foot-8 junior guard broke his hand during the team’s trip to Canada this week.
The injury came as the Saints lost to McGill.
If Hymes is out for the full six weeks, he’ll be ready to return in mid-October, a good three weeks before games are to be played. Hymes nearly transferred to a school closer to his North Carolina home back in April.
As a sophomore, Hymes averaged 10.6 points and 3.7 assists for the Saints, who won just eight games a season ago. Since then, Jimmy Patsos has taken over as head coach of the program.
- Two losses in a row? Three in 11 days? Oh well. Don’t give up on Kansas just yet 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Ten Most Disappointing Players 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Player of the Year Power Rankings 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Top 20 Most Improved Players 2
- College Hoops Week in Review: Wisconsin’s for real, and so is Chaz Williams 1
- Professor at center of UNC’s academic fraud case to face felony charges (8)
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- Duke doesn’t need Rasheed Sulaimon if they have three guys that fit into a role (2)