Aug 28, 2013, 1:58 PM EDT
Siena will be without Evan Hymes for up to six weeks after the 5-foot-8 junior guard broke his hand during the team’s trip to Canada this week.
The injury came as the Saints lost to McGill.
If Hymes is out for the full six weeks, he’ll be ready to return in mid-October, a good three weeks before games are to be played. Hymes nearly transferred to a school closer to his North Carolina home back in April.
As a sophomore, Hymes averaged 10.6 points and 3.7 assists for the Saints, who won just eight games a season ago. Since then, Jimmy Patsos has taken over as head coach of the program.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)