Aug 28, 2013, 1:58 PM EDT
Siena will be without Evan Hymes for up to six weeks after the 5-foot-8 junior guard broke his hand during the team’s trip to Canada this week.
The injury came as the Saints lost to McGill.
If Hymes is out for the full six weeks, he’ll be ready to return in mid-October, a good three weeks before games are to be played. Hymes nearly transferred to a school closer to his North Carolina home back in April.
As a sophomore, Hymes averaged 10.6 points and 3.7 assists for the Saints, who won just eight games a season ago. Since then, Jimmy Patsos has taken over as head coach of the program.
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 1
- Stony Brook works toward NCAA appearance after DII transition 0
- Syracuse officials to meet NCAA Committee on Infractions later this month 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Texas A&M gets a tough guard, St. John’s big weekend, Xavier’s intriguing fit 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Key assistant coaching hires 0
- 2014-15 America East Preview: Does Stony Brook finally make the Tournament? 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- Has Maryland found a new starting center? (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Northeast Conference Preview: Is it time for Robert Morris to dance again? (1)