Aug 28, 2013, 1:58 PM EST
Siena will be without Evan Hymes for up to six weeks after the 5-foot-8 junior guard broke his hand during the team’s trip to Canada this week.
The injury came as the Saints lost to McGill.
If Hymes is out for the full six weeks, he’ll be ready to return in mid-October, a good three weeks before games are to be played. Hymes nearly transferred to a school closer to his North Carolina home back in April.
As a sophomore, Hymes averaged 10.6 points and 3.7 assists for the Saints, who won just eight games a season ago. Since then, Jimmy Patsos has taken over as head coach of the program.
- College Basketball Talk’s Top 25: Virginia moves up, three teams drop out 0
- ACC suspends Louisville junior forward Montrezl Harrell one game 0
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 5
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 3
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (5)
- Tracking The Unbeatens: There are now just nine teams without a loss (3)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)