Aug 28, 2013, 11:54 AM EDT
Nebraska will have a new home entering the 2013-2014 season: the brand-new Pinnacle Bank Arena.
Construction was completed on the building — which can be seen in the time-lapse video above — earlier this year, and play will begin on Nov. 8th in a double-header where the women’s team will host UCLA followed by the men bringing in last year’s NCAA tournament darlings Florida-Gulf Coast.
The interior of the arena looks just as nice as the exterior, and while it may be a couple of seasons until Tim Miles has a product good enough to earn a sellout of the 15,200 seats, at the very least, something they call The Three-Pointer should be enough to get you to a game: “a hot dog, brat and polish dog stuffed in a 28-inch bun, topped with chili, cheese and jalapenos”.
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)
- Sean Miller gives update on Arizona forward Brandon Ashley (1)