Aug 28, 2013, 11:54 AM EDT
Nebraska will have a new home entering the 2013-2014 season: the brand-new Pinnacle Bank Arena.
Construction was completed on the building — which can be seen in the time-lapse video above — earlier this year, and play will begin on Nov. 8th in a double-header where the women’s team will host UCLA followed by the men bringing in last year’s NCAA tournament darlings Florida-Gulf Coast.
The interior of the arena looks just as nice as the exterior, and while it may be a couple of seasons until Tim Miles has a product good enough to earn a sellout of the 15,200 seats, at the very least, something they call The Three-Pointer should be enough to get you to a game: “a hot dog, brat and polish dog stuffed in a 28-inch bun, topped with chili, cheese and jalapenos”.
- Did Sterling Gibbs’ game-winner end Villanova’s hopes for a No. 1 seed? (VIDEO) 0
- Bubble Banter: Who will earn a bid to the Big Dance on Thursday? 1
- Bracketology: It’s Moving Day for March Madness 1
- Bubble Banter: Did Georgetown’s bubble just burst? 0
- 2014 Big Ten Tournament Preview: Can Michigan State turn things around? 0
- Bracketology: Gonzaga grabs WCC title, BYU waits 0
- 2014 Pac-12 Tournament Preview: No. 4 Arizona looks to cap dominant campaign 1
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (12)
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (12)
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league (6)
- South Carolina suspends Frank Martin for regular season finale at Mississippi State (5)
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy (5)