Aug 28, 2013, 11:54 AM EST
Nebraska will have a new home entering the 2013-2014 season: the brand-new Pinnacle Bank Arena.
Construction was completed on the building — which can be seen in the time-lapse video above — earlier this year, and play will begin on Nov. 8th in a double-header where the women’s team will host UCLA followed by the men bringing in last year’s NCAA tournament darlings Florida-Gulf Coast.
The interior of the arena looks just as nice as the exterior, and while it may be a couple of seasons until Tim Miles has a product good enough to earn a sellout of the 15,200 seats, at the very least, something they call The Three-Pointer should be enough to get you to a game: “a hot dog, brat and polish dog stuffed in a 28-inch bun, topped with chili, cheese and jalapenos”.
- Harvard wraps up third consecutive NCAA tournament berth (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend Preview: The regular season comes to a close 1
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy 5
- Senior starters once again carry No. 15 Cincinnati 0
- Doug McDermott’s career still missing most important part: His One Shining Moment 0
- Bryce Cotton, Providence’s marathon man, looking to lead the Friars on a run to the NCAA tournament 0
- Bubble Banter: Colorado, Dayton the day’s biggest winners 1
- Undefeated regular season says all we need to know about No. 2 Wichita State (9)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Finally at full strength, Michigan State sleepwalks through loss to Illinois (6)
- Kentucky hits rock bottom, loses at South Carolina (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)