Aug 28, 2013, 11:54 AM EDT
Nebraska will have a new home entering the 2013-2014 season: the brand-new Pinnacle Bank Arena.
Construction was completed on the building — which can be seen in the time-lapse video above — earlier this year, and play will begin on Nov. 8th in a double-header where the women’s team will host UCLA followed by the men bringing in last year’s NCAA tournament darlings Florida-Gulf Coast.
The interior of the arena looks just as nice as the exterior, and while it may be a couple of seasons until Tim Miles has a product good enough to earn a sellout of the 15,200 seats, at the very least, something they call The Three-Pointer should be enough to get you to a game: “a hot dog, brat and polish dog stuffed in a 28-inch bun, topped with chili, cheese and jalapenos”.
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- Four-star shooting guard verbally commits to UCLA 0
- USA Basketball U17 team wins gold in the FIBA World Championships 0
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ 4
- Michigan State’s Tom Izzo takes the #icebucketchallenge (VIDEO) (5)
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ (4)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Watch Stephen Curry put 40 on Gonzaga in the NCAA tournament (VIDEO) (3)
- Five-star power forward Elijah Thomas sets five official visits (3)