Aug 28, 2013, 11:54 AM EDT
Nebraska will have a new home entering the 2013-2014 season: the brand-new Pinnacle Bank Arena.
Construction was completed on the building — which can be seen in the time-lapse video above — earlier this year, and play will begin on Nov. 8th in a double-header where the women’s team will host UCLA followed by the men bringing in last year’s NCAA tournament darlings Florida-Gulf Coast.
The interior of the arena looks just as nice as the exterior, and while it may be a couple of seasons until Tim Miles has a product good enough to earn a sellout of the 15,200 seats, at the very least, something they call The Three-Pointer should be enough to get you to a game: “a hot dog, brat and polish dog stuffed in a 28-inch bun, topped with chili, cheese and jalapenos”.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 0
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 37
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (37)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)