Aug 29, 2013, 10:31 AM EDT
VCU’s front court depth took a hit on Tuesday morning, as junior big man Jarred Guest dislocated his ankle.
Guest will be out for six-to-eight weeks, which means that he should be cleared — if not in shape — for the start of games.
Guest, who averaged around 10 minutes per game as a sophomore, injured the ankle during a morning workout on Tuesday. NCAA rules allows players two hours of individual instruction with the coaching staff per week, so long as the groups are made up of less than four players, and it was during one of these workouts that Guest hurt the ankle.
There will be plenty of big bodies at Shaka Smart’s disposal next season. Juvonte Reddic may be the best big man in the Atlantic 10 while Florida State transfer Terrance Shannon joins the program and will be eligible immediately. Freshman Mo Alie-Cox should be able to provide minutes as well, and with Jordan Burgess eligible and Treveon Graham back for his junior season, VCU will be able to play four-guard lineups quite a bit.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Nike and Under Armour host showcase events as the Shoe Wars continue to heat up (2)