Aug 29, 2013, 10:31 AM EDT
VCU’s front court depth took a hit on Tuesday morning, as junior big man Jarred Guest dislocated his ankle.
Guest will be out for six-to-eight weeks, which means that he should be cleared — if not in shape — for the start of games.
Guest, who averaged around 10 minutes per game as a sophomore, injured the ankle during a morning workout on Tuesday. NCAA rules allows players two hours of individual instruction with the coaching staff per week, so long as the groups are made up of less than four players, and it was during one of these workouts that Guest hurt the ankle.
There will be plenty of big bodies at Shaka Smart’s disposal next season. Juvonte Reddic may be the best big man in the Atlantic 10 while Florida State transfer Terrance Shannon joins the program and will be eligible immediately. Freshman Mo Alie-Cox should be able to provide minutes as well, and with Jordan Burgess eligible and Treveon Graham back for his junior season, VCU will be able to play four-guard lineups quite a bit.
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 0
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (8)
- NCAA rules committee proposes 30-second shot clock, fewer timeouts (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (4)