Aug 30, 2013, 12:16 PM EST
Earlier this summer, 2014 guard Quentin Snider made the decision to reopen his recruitment after being verbally committed to attend Louisville for nearly two years. On Thursday it was reported that the Louisville native has narrowed his list down to seven schools, with an official visit to UCLA this weekend.
In addition to UCLA, Cincinnati, Illinois, Michigan State, Oklahoma State, Connecticut and USC are still in the running for Snider’s services according to Steve Jones of the Louisville Courier-Journal.
Quentin Snider, a top candidate for 2014 Kentucky Mr. Basketball honors and the nation’s No. 31 prospect, according to Scout.com and Rivals.com, also has an official visit scheduled to UConn and an unofficial visit to Illinois on Sept. 28. A planned unofficial visit to Memphis, which had made a scholarship offer, for Sept. 28 will presumably be canceled.
Per 247Sports‘ composite rankings (an average of the major scouting services’ rankings) Snider is one of four point guards in the Top 10 who has yet to commit to a school. The others are Tyus Jones, Jordan McLaughlin and Tyler Ulis, with Jones and Ulis receiving a great deal of attention in recent months. Interestingly enough both Michigan State, one of seven schools on Snider’s list, is also in hot pursuit of Ulis with Kentucky being seen as the main competition for his (Ulis) services.
With the high number of already-committed players at the position, expect the recruitment of those players to become even more spirited as official visits are taken in the fall.
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 3
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 1
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 2
- Heartbreak fuels Renardo Sidney’s new sense of purpose 1
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)