Aug 30, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
Earlier this summer, 2014 guard Quentin Snider made the decision to reopen his recruitment after being verbally committed to attend Louisville for nearly two years. On Thursday it was reported that the Louisville native has narrowed his list down to seven schools, with an official visit to UCLA this weekend.
In addition to UCLA, Cincinnati, Illinois, Michigan State, Oklahoma State, Connecticut and USC are still in the running for Snider’s services according to Steve Jones of the Louisville Courier-Journal.
Quentin Snider, a top candidate for 2014 Kentucky Mr. Basketball honors and the nation’s No. 31 prospect, according to Scout.com and Rivals.com, also has an official visit scheduled to UConn and an unofficial visit to Illinois on Sept. 28. A planned unofficial visit to Memphis, which had made a scholarship offer, for Sept. 28 will presumably be canceled.
Per 247Sports‘ composite rankings (an average of the major scouting services’ rankings) Snider is one of four point guards in the Top 10 who has yet to commit to a school. The others are Tyus Jones, Jordan McLaughlin and Tyler Ulis, with Jones and Ulis receiving a great deal of attention in recent months. Interestingly enough both Michigan State, one of seven schools on Snider’s list, is also in hot pursuit of Ulis with Kentucky being seen as the main competition for his (Ulis) services.
With the high number of already-committed players at the position, expect the recruitment of those players to become even more spirited as official visits are taken in the fall.
- Should Virginia be the fourth one-seed? 5
- 2014 NCAA Tournament Midwest Region: Instant Analysis 6
- 2014 NCAA Tournament East Region: Instant Analysis 3
- 2014 NCAA Tournament West Region: Instant Analysis 2
- 2014 NCAA Tournament South Region: Instant Analysis 7
- Florida, Wichita State, Arizona, Virginia claim No. 1 seeds 1
- Final Bracketology: Florida is your overall No. 1 seed 3
- Was Duke’s Rodney Hood fouled by Clemson? You make the call (VIDEO) (21)
- Bracketology: Final No. 1 seed still a question mark (16)
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (12)
- Big Ten Tournament: Michigan survives furious Ohio State comeback (9)
- Big Ten Tournament: No. 22 Michigan State takes another step forward in win over No. 12 Wisconsin (8)