Aug 30, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
Earlier this summer, 2014 guard Quentin Snider made the decision to reopen his recruitment after being verbally committed to attend Louisville for nearly two years. On Thursday it was reported that the Louisville native has narrowed his list down to seven schools, with an official visit to UCLA this weekend.
In addition to UCLA, Cincinnati, Illinois, Michigan State, Oklahoma State, Connecticut and USC are still in the running for Snider’s services according to Steve Jones of the Louisville Courier-Journal.
Quentin Snider, a top candidate for 2014 Kentucky Mr. Basketball honors and the nation’s No. 31 prospect, according to Scout.com and Rivals.com, also has an official visit scheduled to UConn and an unofficial visit to Illinois on Sept. 28. A planned unofficial visit to Memphis, which had made a scholarship offer, for Sept. 28 will presumably be canceled.
Per 247Sports‘ composite rankings (an average of the major scouting services’ rankings) Snider is one of four point guards in the Top 10 who has yet to commit to a school. The others are Tyus Jones, Jordan McLaughlin and Tyler Ulis, with Jones and Ulis receiving a great deal of attention in recent months. Interestingly enough both Michigan State, one of seven schools on Snider’s list, is also in hot pursuit of Ulis with Kentucky being seen as the main competition for his (Ulis) services.
With the high number of already-committed players at the position, expect the recruitment of those players to become even more spirited as official visits are taken in the fall.
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (3)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Missouri State’s Marcus Marshall works to strengthen knee, leadership abilities (2)