Aug 30, 2013, 12:16 PM EST
Earlier this summer, 2014 guard Quentin Snider made the decision to reopen his recruitment after being verbally committed to attend Louisville for nearly two years. On Thursday it was reported that the Louisville native has narrowed his list down to seven schools, with an official visit to UCLA this weekend.
In addition to UCLA, Cincinnati, Illinois, Michigan State, Oklahoma State, Connecticut and USC are still in the running for Snider’s services according to Steve Jones of the Louisville Courier-Journal.
Quentin Snider, a top candidate for 2014 Kentucky Mr. Basketball honors and the nation’s No. 31 prospect, according to Scout.com and Rivals.com, also has an official visit scheduled to UConn and an unofficial visit to Illinois on Sept. 28. A planned unofficial visit to Memphis, which had made a scholarship offer, for Sept. 28 will presumably be canceled.
Per 247Sports‘ composite rankings (an average of the major scouting services’ rankings) Snider is one of four point guards in the Top 10 who has yet to commit to a school. The others are Tyus Jones, Jordan McLaughlin and Tyler Ulis, with Jones and Ulis receiving a great deal of attention in recent months. Interestingly enough both Michigan State, one of seven schools on Snider’s list, is also in hot pursuit of Ulis with Kentucky being seen as the main competition for his (Ulis) services.
With the high number of already-committed players at the position, expect the recruitment of those players to become even more spirited as official visits are taken in the fall.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)