Aug 31, 2013, 9:25 PM EDT
Hello? (oh… oh… oh) Is there anybody in here? (ere… ere… ere)
College football weekend is starting off with a bang. I can’t even blame all y’all for not paying much attention to CBT right now. Even our game is heavily dependent on the gridiron right now, as college hoops coaches have invited top recruits to campus this weekend in order to wow them with full stadiums and decked-out fans.
John Groce, for instance, has coveted five-star forward Leron Black in Champaign for the day, and where were the two spotted? According to this photo from the Twitter account of @IllinoisLoyalty, they were hobnobbing at Memorial Stadium, which is all decked out in orange for the home opener vs. the Southern Illinois Salukis.
The fact that the slumping football team narrowly won against an FCS opponent by a score of 42-34 probably doesn’t make much difference in whether Black chooses the Illini or not, but the festival atmosphere of a kickoff game is intoxicating.
Plus, it’s not like you’re poor Bruce Weber, who has to explain to recruits why his once-dominant squad just lost to North Dakota State at home.
OK, run along and enjoy your football, kids. But we expect you back here, rested and ready to pay attention tomorrow morning.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 43
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (43)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)