Aug 31, 2013, 9:25 PM EDT
Hello? (oh… oh… oh) Is there anybody in here? (ere… ere… ere)
College football weekend is starting off with a bang. I can’t even blame all y’all for not paying much attention to CBT right now. Even our game is heavily dependent on the gridiron right now, as college hoops coaches have invited top recruits to campus this weekend in order to wow them with full stadiums and decked-out fans.
John Groce, for instance, has coveted five-star forward Leron Black in Champaign for the day, and where were the two spotted? According to this photo from the Twitter account of @IllinoisLoyalty, they were hobnobbing at Memorial Stadium, which is all decked out in orange for the home opener vs. the Southern Illinois Salukis.
The fact that the slumping football team narrowly won against an FCS opponent by a score of 42-34 probably doesn’t make much difference in whether Black chooses the Illini or not, but the festival atmosphere of a kickoff game is intoxicating.
Plus, it’s not like you’re poor Bruce Weber, who has to explain to recruits why his once-dominant squad just lost to North Dakota State at home.
OK, run along and enjoy your football, kids. But we expect you back here, rested and ready to pay attention tomorrow morning.
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)