Sep 1, 2013, 9:53 AM EDT
Iowa State senior guard Bubu Palo, who missed most of last season due to suspension, was dismissed from the Cyclones’s program on Saturday, the school announced.
This time last year, Palo was suspended indefinitely after being charged with second-degree sexual assault, stemming from a May 2012 incident. Following the investigation, charges were dropped and Palo was allowed to return to the floor for ISU in January. He missed 18 games during that time.
Though charges were dropped, Palo was subject to the school’s code of conduct, according to The Gazette. He was at first found innoncent, but following an appeal that initial decision was overturned, which resulted in Palo’s dismissal.
The latest news to come out of Ames, Iowa makes the addition of Marshall transfer DeAndre Kane that much more important. Palo was expected to have a larger role this season for Fred Hoiberg, who lost the senior tandem of Korie Lucious and Tyrus McGee. Palo was coming off a strong summer at the Capital City League this summer.
The 6-foot-1 Palo appeared in 17 games this season, averaging 2.8 points, 1.4 rebounds and 1.4 assists per game.
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 2
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)