Sep 1, 2013, 9:53 AM EDT
Iowa State senior guard Bubu Palo, who missed most of last season due to suspension, was dismissed from the Cyclones’s program on Saturday, the school announced.
This time last year, Palo was suspended indefinitely after being charged with second-degree sexual assault, stemming from a May 2012 incident. Following the investigation, charges were dropped and Palo was allowed to return to the floor for ISU in January. He missed 18 games during that time.
Though charges were dropped, Palo was subject to the school’s code of conduct, according to The Gazette. He was at first found innoncent, but following an appeal that initial decision was overturned, which resulted in Palo’s dismissal.
The latest news to come out of Ames, Iowa makes the addition of Marshall transfer DeAndre Kane that much more important. Palo was expected to have a larger role this season for Fred Hoiberg, who lost the senior tandem of Korie Lucious and Tyrus McGee. Palo was coming off a strong summer at the Capital City League this summer.
The 6-foot-1 Palo appeared in 17 games this season, averaging 2.8 points, 1.4 rebounds and 1.4 assists per game.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)