Sep 1, 2013, 9:53 AM EST
Iowa State senior guard Bubu Palo, who missed most of last season due to suspension, was dismissed from the Cyclones’s program on Saturday, the school announced.
This time last year, Palo was suspended indefinitely after being charged with second-degree sexual assault, stemming from a May 2012 incident. Following the investigation, charges were dropped and Palo was allowed to return to the floor for ISU in January. He missed 18 games during that time.
Though charges were dropped, Palo was subject to the school’s code of conduct, according to The Gazette. He was at first found innoncent, but following an appeal that initial decision was overturned, which resulted in Palo’s dismissal.
The latest news to come out of Ames, Iowa makes the addition of Marshall transfer DeAndre Kane that much more important. Palo was expected to have a larger role this season for Fred Hoiberg, who lost the senior tandem of Korie Lucious and Tyrus McGee. Palo was coming off a strong summer at the Capital City League this summer.
The 6-foot-1 Palo appeared in 17 games this season, averaging 2.8 points, 1.4 rebounds and 1.4 assists per game.
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 3
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 1
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 2
- Heartbreak fuels Renardo Sidney’s new sense of purpose 1
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)