Sep 2, 2013, 10:45 AM EDT
What began as a solid weekend for the Utah basketball program thanks to Kyle Kuzma’s decision to verbally commit got even better on Sunday evening, as 2014 point guard Isaiah Wright wrapped up his official visit by doing the same Sunday evening.
Wright, a 6-2 guard from Boise, is the state’s reigning Gatorade Player of the Year and has led Borah High School to consecutive Class 5A state titles. As a junior he averaged 16.2 points, 6.9 assists, 5.2 rebounds and 3.3 steals per game. Among the other schools to have offered Wright were Boise State and Creighton, but after spending a weekend on the Utah campus he apparently saw all that he needed to see.
In a story by Rachel Roberts of the Idaho Statesman, Wright cited his relationship with Utah assistant coach Tommy Connor as one reason for his decision to commit to the Pac-12 school.
“I think the big thing was because (assistant) coach (Tommy) Connor was recruiting me for quite a while, starting my sophomore year,” Wright said. “We created a great relationship and I just felt something when I went up there that I didn’t feel at Santa Clara or Creighton. I knew I wanted to go there.”
With Wright’s decision Utah’s 2014 class gets even better, as he joins the aforementioned Kuzma and forward Brekkott Chapman as verbal commits. And with two of Utah’s better players being sophomores (forward Jordan Loveridge and guard Brandon Taylor), coach Krystkowiak and his staff are on the right track when it comes to turning things around at the Huntsman Center.
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- CBT Quotables Part IV: The Lawsons, Stephen Zimmerman, Malik Monk 1
- Peach Jam Saturday Recap: Rabb, Zimmerman go big, Chris Clarke goes hard, Lawson bros advance 0
- Nike Peach Jam Saturday Recap: Jayson Tatum, DeAndre Ayton and Briscoe vs. Trier 0
- Peach Jam Recruiting Notebook: Jamal Murray plays well, Tyler Davis has big day, Juwan Morgan likes two 0
- Skipping college makes Emmanuel Mudiay the most important player in 2014 class (5)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Study says Louisville has the best fanbase for second straight season (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)