Sep 2, 2013, 8:00 PM EST
During a Monday press conference to address his upcoming Hall of Fame speech, Louisville coach Rick Pitino spoke about Kevin Ware’s status regarding his offseason.
While there will be no suspension for the Louisville guard best known for his horrific injury during the NCAA Tournament, it is also uncertain when the junior will return to the team. Between rehabbing for the injury and other factors, Ware has an uncertain time frame to return per Jody Demling of Cardinal Authority.
Louisville is competing for a back-to-back championship run and doesn’t need any distractions, so if Ware is able to rehab quietly and come back and return it would be a big lift to a team that could always use an experienced and hungry player.
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 0
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 1
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- Weekend Preview: Things are heating up in the Big 12, plus Coach K No. 1,000? 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)