Sep 2, 2013, 8:00 PM EST
During a Monday press conference to address his upcoming Hall of Fame speech, Louisville coach Rick Pitino spoke about Kevin Ware’s status regarding his offseason.
While there will be no suspension for the Louisville guard best known for his horrific injury during the NCAA Tournament, it is also uncertain when the junior will return to the team. Between rehabbing for the injury and other factors, Ware has an uncertain time frame to return per Jody Demling of Cardinal Authority.
Louisville is competing for a back-to-back championship run and doesn’t need any distractions, so if Ware is able to rehab quietly and come back and return it would be a big lift to a team that could always use an experienced and hungry player.
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 1
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)