Sep 2, 2013, 8:00 PM EST
During a Monday press conference to address his upcoming Hall of Fame speech, Louisville coach Rick Pitino spoke about Kevin Ware’s status regarding his offseason.
While there will be no suspension for the Louisville guard best known for his horrific injury during the NCAA Tournament, it is also uncertain when the junior will return to the team. Between rehabbing for the injury and other factors, Ware has an uncertain time frame to return per Jody Demling of Cardinal Authority.
Louisville is competing for a back-to-back championship run and doesn’t need any distractions, so if Ware is able to rehab quietly and come back and return it would be a big lift to a team that could always use an experienced and hungry player.
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 0
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 1
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 13
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (4)
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? (3)