Sep 2, 2013, 5:00 PM EST
The UCLA Bruins landed a big commitment on Monday afternoon as Indiana native and four-star wing scorer Trevon Bluiett committed to Steve Alford’s program.
A product of Park Tudor High School, Bluiett took an official visit to the Bruins over the weekend and the news was first tweeted out by ESPN’s Jeff Goodman.
The No. 46 overall prospect in Rivals’ 2014 class, the 6’5″ Bluiett is a strong-scoring wing that can shoot the ball at a high level or also do some things off the bounce or in the mid-range. By Steve Alford coming into Indiana and landing a highly-regarded player, it also shows that UCLA has some early pull in Alford’s home state.
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 7
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? 5
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent 3
- Wofford’s grueling start to the season began well before their 7:00 a.m. game 0
- No. 13 Gonzaga makes definitive statement with blowout of No. 22 SMU 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (9)
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Can the ACC produce four Final Four teams? (6)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Report: Kansas transfer Conner Frankamp considering Colorado, Wichita State (3)