Sep 2, 2013, 5:00 PM EST
The UCLA Bruins landed a big commitment on Monday afternoon as Indiana native and four-star wing scorer Trevon Bluiett committed to Steve Alford’s program.
A product of Park Tudor High School, Bluiett took an official visit to the Bruins over the weekend and the news was first tweeted out by ESPN’s Jeff Goodman.
The No. 46 overall prospect in Rivals’ 2014 class, the 6’5″ Bluiett is a strong-scoring wing that can shoot the ball at a high level or also do some things off the bounce or in the mid-range. By Steve Alford coming into Indiana and landing a highly-regarded player, it also shows that UCLA has some early pull in Alford’s home state.
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)