Sep 2, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
The UCLA Bruins landed a big commitment on Monday afternoon as Indiana native and four-star wing scorer Trevon Bluiett committed to Steve Alford’s program.
A product of Park Tudor High School, Bluiett took an official visit to the Bruins over the weekend and the news was first tweeted out by ESPN’s Jeff Goodman.
The No. 46 overall prospect in Rivals’ 2014 class, the 6’5″ Bluiett is a strong-scoring wing that can shoot the ball at a high level or also do some things off the bounce or in the mid-range. By Steve Alford coming into Indiana and landing a highly-regarded player, it also shows that UCLA has some early pull in Alford’s home state.
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 14
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 9
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 7
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 7
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 71
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 9
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 17
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (75)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (26)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)