Sep 2, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
The UCLA Bruins landed a big commitment on Monday afternoon as Indiana native and four-star wing scorer Trevon Bluiett committed to Steve Alford’s program.
A product of Park Tudor High School, Bluiett took an official visit to the Bruins over the weekend and the news was first tweeted out by ESPN’s Jeff Goodman.
The No. 46 overall prospect in Rivals’ 2014 class, the 6’5″ Bluiett is a strong-scoring wing that can shoot the ball at a high level or also do some things off the bounce or in the mid-range. By Steve Alford coming into Indiana and landing a highly-regarded player, it also shows that UCLA has some early pull in Alford’s home state.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Throwback Thursday: Which Jim Calhoun rant was the best Jim Calhoun rant? (3)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)