Sep 3, 2013, 11:15 AM EST
When Michigan walk-on Josh Bartelstein started is blog on the MGoBlue website, it wasn’t much more than a creative way to pass the time and try to keep Wolverine fans interested in a program that had fallen way behind in-state rival Michigan State.
Three years later, the blog has become an insider’s account of the sudden improvement of a program, one that started out 1-6 in the Big Ten in 2010-2011 before rebounding to make the tournament, win the Big Ten in 2011-2012 and making the national title game in 2013.
That’s a meteoric rise.
And Bartelstein was there for every step of the ride.
As MLive.com details here, Bartelstein is turning that blog into an eBook that goes on sale today:
With the help of some former Michigan teammates, Bartelstein has turned his weekly blogs into an interactive eBook that documents his experiences at Michigan and gives fans a behind-the-scenes look at the Wolverines run to the 2013 Final Four, and everything that came along with it.
The eBook includes passages from Bartelstein’s blogs, photos, videos and excerpts from former Michigan players Zack Novak, Tim Hardaway Jr., Stu Douglass and Trey Burke.
Bartelstein began working on the project roughly six months ago, a process that included adding some new material from his experiences, as well as grabbing and editing dozens of videos — from fans and teammates like Mitch McGary and Spike Albrecht.
His mission was simple. To give everyone involved with Michigan basketball a tangible memoir of the team’s dream season in 2012-13. But also to give some perspective on how they got there, how they got along and how they made it all work.
The book can be purchased here, and will be on sale for $7.99.
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 0
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (12)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)