Sep 3, 2013, 11:15 AM EDT
When Michigan walk-on Josh Bartelstein started is blog on the MGoBlue website, it wasn’t much more than a creative way to pass the time and try to keep Wolverine fans interested in a program that had fallen way behind in-state rival Michigan State.
Three years later, the blog has become an insider’s account of the sudden improvement of a program, one that started out 1-6 in the Big Ten in 2010-2011 before rebounding to make the tournament, win the Big Ten in 2011-2012 and making the national title game in 2013.
That’s a meteoric rise.
And Bartelstein was there for every step of the ride.
As MLive.com details here, Bartelstein is turning that blog into an eBook that goes on sale today:
With the help of some former Michigan teammates, Bartelstein has turned his weekly blogs into an interactive eBook that documents his experiences at Michigan and gives fans a behind-the-scenes look at the Wolverines run to the 2013 Final Four, and everything that came along with it.
The eBook includes passages from Bartelstein’s blogs, photos, videos and excerpts from former Michigan players Zack Novak, Tim Hardaway Jr., Stu Douglass and Trey Burke.
Bartelstein began working on the project roughly six months ago, a process that included adding some new material from his experiences, as well as grabbing and editing dozens of videos — from fans and teammates like Mitch McGary and Spike Albrecht.
His mission was simple. To give everyone involved with Michigan basketball a tangible memoir of the team’s dream season in 2012-13. But also to give some perspective on how they got there, how they got along and how they made it all work.
The book can be purchased here, and will be on sale for $7.99.
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 4
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 7
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)