Sep 3, 2013, 11:32 AM EDT
Ohio State unveiled their new basketball facilities today, and perhaps the biggest surprise for media folks present was a locker in the locker room dedicated to the world’s best basketball player.
No, LeBron James hasn’t found a way around every rule in the NCAA rulebook and decided to suit up for the Buckeyes. It’s a recruiting tool.
James is an Ohio native and it’s not a secret that he grew up an OSU fan.
And Ohio State wears LeBron’s Nike gear, including these shoes. That locker is used to show off the gear to recruits when they come to campus. Who are we to argue? Head coach Thad Matta and company have consistently been among the nation’s best recruiters ever since they landed a class that included Greg Oden, Mike Conley and Daequan Cook.
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 3
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 5
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 60
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 9
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 14
- Frank Kaminsky’s growth results in individual and team benefits for No. 1 Wisconsin 3
- Tourney Snacks: Duke-Gonzaga, Louisville-Michigan State advance to Elite 8 11
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (63)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten, SEC champions headed to Indy (25)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)