Sep 3, 2013, 11:32 AM EST
Ohio State unveiled their new basketball facilities today, and perhaps the biggest surprise for media folks present was a locker in the locker room dedicated to the world’s best basketball player.
No, LeBron James hasn’t found a way around every rule in the NCAA rulebook and decided to suit up for the Buckeyes. It’s a recruiting tool.
James is an Ohio native and it’s not a secret that he grew up an OSU fan.
And Ohio State wears LeBron’s Nike gear, including these shoes. That locker is used to show off the gear to recruits when they come to campus. Who are we to argue? Head coach Thad Matta and company have consistently been among the nation’s best recruiters ever since they landed a class that included Greg Oden, Mike Conley and Daequan Cook.
- ACC suspends Louisville junior forward Montrezl Harrell one game 0
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 5
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 3
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (5)
- Tracking The Unbeatens: There are now just nine teams without a loss (3)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)