Sep 3, 2013, 11:32 AM EDT
Ohio State unveiled their new basketball facilities today, and perhaps the biggest surprise for media folks present was a locker in the locker room dedicated to the world’s best basketball player.
No, LeBron James hasn’t found a way around every rule in the NCAA rulebook and decided to suit up for the Buckeyes. It’s a recruiting tool.
James is an Ohio native and it’s not a secret that he grew up an OSU fan.
And Ohio State wears LeBron’s Nike gear, including these shoes. That locker is used to show off the gear to recruits when they come to campus. Who are we to argue? Head coach Thad Matta and company have consistently been among the nation’s best recruiters ever since they landed a class that included Greg Oden, Mike Conley and Daequan Cook.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 2
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Report: New Mexico State’s Sim Bhullar to enter 2014 NBA Draft (7)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)