Sep 3, 2013, 11:32 AM EDT
Ohio State unveiled their new basketball facilities today, and perhaps the biggest surprise for media folks present was a locker in the locker room dedicated to the world’s best basketball player.
No, LeBron James hasn’t found a way around every rule in the NCAA rulebook and decided to suit up for the Buckeyes. It’s a recruiting tool.
James is an Ohio native and it’s not a secret that he grew up an OSU fan.
And Ohio State wears LeBron’s Nike gear, including these shoes. That locker is used to show off the gear to recruits when they come to campus. Who are we to argue? Head coach Thad Matta and company have consistently been among the nation’s best recruiters ever since they landed a class that included Greg Oden, Mike Conley and Daequan Cook.
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)