Sep 3, 2013, 11:32 AM EDT
Ohio State unveiled their new basketball facilities today, and perhaps the biggest surprise for media folks present was a locker in the locker room dedicated to the world’s best basketball player.
No, LeBron James hasn’t found a way around every rule in the NCAA rulebook and decided to suit up for the Buckeyes. It’s a recruiting tool.
James is an Ohio native and it’s not a secret that he grew up an OSU fan.
And Ohio State wears LeBron’s Nike gear, including these shoes. That locker is used to show off the gear to recruits when they come to campus. Who are we to argue? Head coach Thad Matta and company have consistently been among the nation’s best recruiters ever since they landed a class that included Greg Oden, Mike Conley and Daequan Cook.
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0