Sep 5, 2013, 9:36 PM EDT
George Washington made some noise on Thursday night, as the Colonials landed their second commitment in the Class of 2014 as Don Bosco Prep point guard Paul Jorgensen made his pledge:
Commited to George Washington University Class of 2018! #GoColonials
— Paul Jorgensen (@pauliejorgs) September 6, 2013
Don Bosco Prep plays a high level of high school basketball, and Jorgensen, a 6-foot-3 point guard, is a three-star recruit on Rivals. No matter how you slice it, this is a nice pickup for Mike Lonergan.
But that’s not what is great about this news.
What makes it awesome is Jorgensen’s nickname: The Prince Harry of Harlem. He earned it after this performance at a high school all-star game in New York to honor the late Alimoe:
Personally, I would have called him Billy Hoyle, but Prince Harry of Harlem works, too.
Colonial fans, it looks like you’re going to like this kid.
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 12
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 6
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 10
- Frank Kaminsky’s growth results in individual and team benefits for No. 1 Wisconsin 3
- Tourney Snacks: Duke-Gonzaga, Louisville-Michigan State advance to Elite 8 11
- No. 1 Duke advances to Elite 8 with win over No. 5 Utah 2
- No. 2 Gonzaga gets past No. 11 UCLA to advance to Elite 8 2
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- NCAA’s Mark Emmert calls Indiana’s religious freedom bill ‘especially concerning’ (20)
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 (17)