Sep 5, 2013, 9:36 PM EDT
George Washington made some noise on Thursday night, as the Colonials landed their second commitment in the Class of 2014 as Don Bosco Prep point guard Paul Jorgensen made his pledge:
Commited to George Washington University Class of 2018! #GoColonials
— Paul Jorgensen (@pauliejorgs) September 6, 2013
Don Bosco Prep plays a high level of high school basketball, and Jorgensen, a 6-foot-3 point guard, is a three-star recruit on Rivals. No matter how you slice it, this is a nice pickup for Mike Lonergan.
But that’s not what is great about this news.
What makes it awesome is Jorgensen’s nickname: The Prince Harry of Harlem. He earned it after this performance at a high school all-star game in New York to honor the late Alimoe:
Personally, I would have called him Billy Hoyle, but Prince Harry of Harlem works, too.
Colonial fans, it looks like you’re going to like this kid.
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)