Sep 5, 2013, 11:51 PM EDT
Braeden Anderson, a forward for the Fresno State basketball team, was in a serious car accident this week, sustaining injuries that put his season in jeopardy, according to a report from ESPN.com.
Anderson was a passenger in a vehicle driven by a walk-on to the Fresno State team when the driver swerved to avoid an oncoming accident, colliding with another car. The driver was unharmed, but Anderson suffered neck injuries. The good news? He has movement in all of his extremities and is expected to make a full recovery. The bad news? The accident happened on Tuesday night, and Anderson has yet to be released from the hospital.
Anderson is a 6-foot-9 forward from Canada that was originally signed to Kansas. But Anderson Ro Russell’s high school Christian Faith Center Academy — the same one that got Florida State incoming freshman Xavier Rathan-Mayes ruled ineligible — and was ruled a non-qualifier coming out of high school. He sat out a season and averaged 4.1 points and 3.5 boards in 10 games last season.
It’s been a rough month for Rodney Terry at Fresno State, as he dismissed Robert Upshaw from the program in mid-August. If Anderson is forced to miss the season, it will decimate a Bulldog front line. Throw in the loss of Kevin Olekaibe, who transferred to UNLV to be closer to his ailing father, and this may not be the renaissance season we expected from the Bulldogs.
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)