Sep 5, 2013, 11:51 PM EDT
Braeden Anderson, a forward for the Fresno State basketball team, was in a serious car accident this week, sustaining injuries that put his season in jeopardy, according to a report from ESPN.com.
Anderson was a passenger in a vehicle driven by a walk-on to the Fresno State team when the driver swerved to avoid an oncoming accident, colliding with another car. The driver was unharmed, but Anderson suffered neck injuries. The good news? He has movement in all of his extremities and is expected to make a full recovery. The bad news? The accident happened on Tuesday night, and Anderson has yet to be released from the hospital.
Anderson is a 6-foot-9 forward from Canada that was originally signed to Kansas. But Anderson Ro Russell’s high school Christian Faith Center Academy — the same one that got Florida State incoming freshman Xavier Rathan-Mayes ruled ineligible — and was ruled a non-qualifier coming out of high school. He sat out a season and averaged 4.1 points and 3.5 boards in 10 games last season.
It’s been a rough month for Rodney Terry at Fresno State, as he dismissed Robert Upshaw from the program in mid-August. If Anderson is forced to miss the season, it will decimate a Bulldog front line. Throw in the loss of Kevin Olekaibe, who transferred to UNLV to be closer to his ailing father, and this may not be the renaissance season we expected from the Bulldogs.
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- July Live Period Preview: The events to keep an eye on in Vegas this week 0
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- Maryland fans still hate Mike Krzyzewski (8)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Are college teams going to be available on NBA 2K? (3)