Sep 5, 2013, 11:51 PM EDT
Braeden Anderson, a forward for the Fresno State basketball team, was in a serious car accident this week, sustaining injuries that put his season in jeopardy, according to a report from ESPN.com.
Anderson was a passenger in a vehicle driven by a walk-on to the Fresno State team when the driver swerved to avoid an oncoming accident, colliding with another car. The driver was unharmed, but Anderson suffered neck injuries. The good news? He has movement in all of his extremities and is expected to make a full recovery. The bad news? The accident happened on Tuesday night, and Anderson has yet to be released from the hospital.
Anderson is a 6-foot-9 forward from Canada that was originally signed to Kansas. But Anderson Ro Russell’s high school Christian Faith Center Academy — the same one that got Florida State incoming freshman Xavier Rathan-Mayes ruled ineligible — and was ruled a non-qualifier coming out of high school. He sat out a season and averaged 4.1 points and 3.5 boards in 10 games last season.
It’s been a rough month for Rodney Terry at Fresno State, as he dismissed Robert Upshaw from the program in mid-August. If Anderson is forced to miss the season, it will decimate a Bulldog front line. Throw in the loss of Kevin Olekaibe, who transferred to UNLV to be closer to his ailing father, and this may not be the renaissance season we expected from the Bulldogs.
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 9
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California 10
- Sophomore center Willie Cauley-Stein returning to Kentucky 4
- Montrezl Harrell will be returning to Louisville for his junior season 0
- John Calipari reveals what ‘the tweak’ actually was 5
- More than 200,000 UConn fans show up for parade in Hartford (VIDEO/PHOTOS) 0
- UMass guard Derrick Gordon becomes first openly gay Division I basketball player (31)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Lacey Holsworth, Adreian Payne’s eight-year-old friend, loses her battle with cancer (9)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (9)