Sep 5, 2013, 11:51 PM EDT
Braeden Anderson, a forward for the Fresno State basketball team, was in a serious car accident this week, sustaining injuries that put his season in jeopardy, according to a report from ESPN.com.
Anderson was a passenger in a vehicle driven by a walk-on to the Fresno State team when the driver swerved to avoid an oncoming accident, colliding with another car. The driver was unharmed, but Anderson suffered neck injuries. The good news? He has movement in all of his extremities and is expected to make a full recovery. The bad news? The accident happened on Tuesday night, and Anderson has yet to be released from the hospital.
Anderson is a 6-foot-9 forward from Canada that was originally signed to Kansas. But Anderson Ro Russell’s high school Christian Faith Center Academy — the same one that got Florida State incoming freshman Xavier Rathan-Mayes ruled ineligible — and was ruled a non-qualifier coming out of high school. He sat out a season and averaged 4.1 points and 3.5 boards in 10 games last season.
It’s been a rough month for Rodney Terry at Fresno State, as he dismissed Robert Upshaw from the program in mid-August. If Anderson is forced to miss the season, it will decimate a Bulldog front line. Throw in the loss of Kevin Olekaibe, who transferred to UNLV to be closer to his ailing father, and this may not be the renaissance season we expected from the Bulldogs.
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (4)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)