Sep 6, 2013, 12:27 PM EDT
Earlier this summer former San Jose State forward David Andoh made the decision to transfer to Wagner, where he would have three years of eligibility remaining after sitting out the 2013-14 season. Plans have changed, as according to the Staten Island Advance Andoh is back in his native Canada and will not join the Wagner program.
According to Cormac Gordon of the Advance, Andoh cited “family concerns” when informing Wagner head coach Bashir Mason of his decision to not transfer to the Northeast Conference school.
“David told us he has family matters that are foremost on his mind right now, and we respect that,” Mason told the Advance. “Our understanding is that he is not going to attend school this year, and we wish him the best when he does make a decision.”
As a freshman Andoh averaged 2.3 points and 2.0 rebounds per game at San Jose State, which fired head coach George Nessman at the end of the Spartans’ 9-20 campaign. With the Seahawks having a pair of seniors in their front court (Naofall Folahan and Orlando Parker), Andoh would have given Mason another player with college experience to call on in 2014-15.
With that no longer being the case, the Seahawks have three players in this season’s front court rotation who will have eligibility remaining in 2014. Mario Moody, who is entering his junior season, averaged 6.9 points and 5.3 rebounds per game last season and would be the most experienced member of the rotation with current freshmen Nolan Long and Gregory Senat also on board.
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 0
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)