Sep 6, 2013, 12:27 PM EST
Earlier this summer former San Jose State forward David Andoh made the decision to transfer to Wagner, where he would have three years of eligibility remaining after sitting out the 2013-14 season. Plans have changed, as according to the Staten Island Advance Andoh is back in his native Canada and will not join the Wagner program.
According to Cormac Gordon of the Advance, Andoh cited “family concerns” when informing Wagner head coach Bashir Mason of his decision to not transfer to the Northeast Conference school.
“David told us he has family matters that are foremost on his mind right now, and we respect that,” Mason told the Advance. “Our understanding is that he is not going to attend school this year, and we wish him the best when he does make a decision.”
As a freshman Andoh averaged 2.3 points and 2.0 rebounds per game at San Jose State, which fired head coach George Nessman at the end of the Spartans’ 9-20 campaign. With the Seahawks having a pair of seniors in their front court (Naofall Folahan and Orlando Parker), Andoh would have given Mason another player with college experience to call on in 2014-15.
With that no longer being the case, the Seahawks have three players in this season’s front court rotation who will have eligibility remaining in 2014. Mario Moody, who is entering his junior season, averaged 6.9 points and 5.3 rebounds per game last season and would be the most experienced member of the rotation with current freshmen Nolan Long and Gregory Senat also on board.
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 11
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 3
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Bubble Banter: N.C. State lands a critical win, Texas loses … again 2
- Syracuse upsets No. 8 Notre Dame in an inspired ACC road effort 0
- You Make The Call: Did Marcus Paige get fouled on North Carolina’s last possession? (17)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Report: Big Ten looking into idea of making freshmen ineligible for competition in football, men’s basketball (11)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (11)