Sep 7, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
Last week, the Auburn Tigers added Indiana-native Sam Logwood as the first commitment to it’s 2014 class, but late this week they added a second member of the 2014 class by nabbing Australia-native and wing shooter Jack Purchase.
Purchase, a 6’9″ forward, took an official visit to Auburn with Logwood last weekend and the duo now forms the start of head coach Tony Barbee’s latest class.
Purchase played for the Melbourne Tigers last season and averaged 21.3 points, 8.7 rebounds and 5.8 assists and hit 47.8 percent of his three-pointers. While it’s hard to gauge how good the competition is for those kinds of numbers, 47 percent from three-point range is impressive no matter how you cut it, especially for a 6’9″ forward. Purchase has also competed for the Australian U17 National team.
The son of former Australian NBL player Nigel Purchase, Jack is one of a few Australians — along with Dante Exum and Ben Simmons — that could make a splash in the American college basketball scene in the next few seasons.
Here’s some video of Auburn’s newest recruit. Purchase is wearing No. 20 in the video.
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (4)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)