Sep 7, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
Last week, the Auburn Tigers added Indiana-native Sam Logwood as the first commitment to it’s 2014 class, but late this week they added a second member of the 2014 class by nabbing Australia-native and wing shooter Jack Purchase.
Purchase, a 6’9″ forward, took an official visit to Auburn with Logwood last weekend and the duo now forms the start of head coach Tony Barbee’s latest class.
Purchase played for the Melbourne Tigers last season and averaged 21.3 points, 8.7 rebounds and 5.8 assists and hit 47.8 percent of his three-pointers. While it’s hard to gauge how good the competition is for those kinds of numbers, 47 percent from three-point range is impressive no matter how you cut it, especially for a 6’9″ forward. Purchase has also competed for the Australian U17 National team.
The son of former Australian NBL player Nigel Purchase, Jack is one of a few Australians — along with Dante Exum and Ben Simmons — that could make a splash in the American college basketball scene in the next few seasons.
Here’s some video of Auburn’s newest recruit. Purchase is wearing No. 20 in the video.
- Duke lands five-star Class of 2015 wing Brandon Ingram 3
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 4
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season (4)