Sep 7, 2013, 10:00 AM EST
Last week, the Auburn Tigers added Indiana-native Sam Logwood as the first commitment to it’s 2014 class, but late this week they added a second member of the 2014 class by nabbing Australia-native and wing shooter Jack Purchase.
Purchase, a 6’9″ forward, took an official visit to Auburn with Logwood last weekend and the duo now forms the start of head coach Tony Barbee’s latest class.
Purchase played for the Melbourne Tigers last season and averaged 21.3 points, 8.7 rebounds and 5.8 assists and hit 47.8 percent of his three-pointers. While it’s hard to gauge how good the competition is for those kinds of numbers, 47 percent from three-point range is impressive no matter how you cut it, especially for a 6’9″ forward. Purchase has also competed for the Australian U17 National team.
The son of former Australian NBL player Nigel Purchase, Jack is one of a few Australians — along with Dante Exum and Ben Simmons — that could make a splash in the American college basketball scene in the next few seasons.
Here’s some video of Auburn’s newest recruit. Purchase is wearing No. 20 in the video.
- Two losses in a row? Three in 11 days? Oh well. Don’t give up on Kansas just yet 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Ten Most Disappointing Players 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Player of the Year Power Rankings 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Top 20 Most Improved Players 2
- College Hoops Week in Review: Wisconsin’s for real, and so is Chaz Williams 1
- Professor at center of UNC’s academic fraud case to face felony charges (8)
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- Duke doesn’t need Rasheed Sulaimon if they have three guys that fit into a role (2)