Sep 7, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
Last week, the Auburn Tigers added Indiana-native Sam Logwood as the first commitment to it’s 2014 class, but late this week they added a second member of the 2014 class by nabbing Australia-native and wing shooter Jack Purchase.
Purchase, a 6’9″ forward, took an official visit to Auburn with Logwood last weekend and the duo now forms the start of head coach Tony Barbee’s latest class.
Purchase played for the Melbourne Tigers last season and averaged 21.3 points, 8.7 rebounds and 5.8 assists and hit 47.8 percent of his three-pointers. While it’s hard to gauge how good the competition is for those kinds of numbers, 47 percent from three-point range is impressive no matter how you cut it, especially for a 6’9″ forward. Purchase has also competed for the Australian U17 National team.
The son of former Australian NBL player Nigel Purchase, Jack is one of a few Australians — along with Dante Exum and Ben Simmons — that could make a splash in the American college basketball scene in the next few seasons.
Here’s some video of Auburn’s newest recruit. Purchase is wearing No. 20 in the video.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)