Sep 7, 2013, 3:20 PM EST
Oklahoma State is on the board again in the 2014 class as the Cowboys landed a strong commitment on Saturday afternoon in the form of shooting guard Jared Terrell.
The 6-foot-3 Terrell chose the Cowboys during an announcement ceremony alongside Expressions Elite AAU teammate Abdul Malik Abu at the Reggie Lewis Center in Roxbury Crossing, Massachusetts.
A strong and big-bodied shooting guard with an ability to get to the rim and score, Terrell chose Oklahoma State over his other finalists: Cincinnati, Providence and Rhode Island. The Brewster Academy guard played well in the EYBL with Expressions Elite alongside Abu and averaged 14.2 points and 3.6 rebounds per game on 48 percent shooting from the field
Terrell is regarded as Rivals’ No. 63 player overall in the 2014 class and should give the Cowboys a boost in the backcourt when they likely lose Marcus Smart next season.
“He liked the opportunity,” Expressions Elite head coach Ty Boswell told NBC Sports’ Terrence Payne in late August. “Obviously, Marcus Smart is leaving, and he’ll have big shoes to fill. He liked the fact he could come in and play right away.
Terrell is Oklahoma State’s second commitment in the 2014 class following the commitment of junior college guard Joe Thomasson in August.
- Briante Weber suffers season-ending knee injury in No. 14 VCU’s loss to Richmond 0
- No. 4 Duke ends No. 2 Virginia’s unbeaten season 1
- Foul line, offensive rebounding aid No. 13 Louisville’s comeback effort 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 4 Duke rebounds to beat No. 2 Virginia, and No. 8 Notre Dame falls 0
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 1
- Rick Pitino on Terry Rozier’s impending NBA Draft decision: ‘He’s not coming back’ 0
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)