Sep 7, 2013, 3:20 PM EDT
Oklahoma State is on the board again in the 2014 class as the Cowboys landed a strong commitment on Saturday afternoon in the form of shooting guard Jared Terrell.
The 6-foot-3 Terrell chose the Cowboys during an announcement ceremony alongside Expressions Elite AAU teammate Abdul Malik Abu at the Reggie Lewis Center in Roxbury Crossing, Massachusetts.
A strong and big-bodied shooting guard with an ability to get to the rim and score, Terrell chose Oklahoma State over his other finalists: Cincinnati, Providence and Rhode Island. The Brewster Academy guard played well in the EYBL with Expressions Elite alongside Abu and averaged 14.2 points and 3.6 rebounds per game on 48 percent shooting from the field
Terrell is regarded as Rivals’ No. 63 player overall in the 2014 class and should give the Cowboys a boost in the backcourt when they likely lose Marcus Smart next season.
“He liked the opportunity,” Expressions Elite head coach Ty Boswell told NBC Sports’ Terrence Payne in late August. “Obviously, Marcus Smart is leaving, and he’ll have big shoes to fill. He liked the fact he could come in and play right away.
Terrell is Oklahoma State’s second commitment in the 2014 class following the commitment of junior college guard Joe Thomasson in August.
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 2
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 4
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)