Sep 7, 2013, 3:20 PM EDT
Oklahoma State is on the board again in the 2014 class as the Cowboys landed a strong commitment on Saturday afternoon in the form of shooting guard Jared Terrell.
The 6’4″ Terrell chose the Cowboys during an announcement ceremony alongside Expressions Elite AAU teammate Abdul Malik Abu at the Reggie Lewis Center in Roxbury Crossing, Massachusetts.
A strong and big-bodied shooting guard with an ability to get to the rim and score, Terrell chose Oklahoma State over his other finalists: Cincinnati, Providence and Rhode Island. The Brewster Academy guard played well in the EYBL with Expressions Elite alongside Abu and averaged 14.2 points and 3.6 rebounds per game on 48 percent shooting from the field
Terrell is regarded as Rivals’ No. 63 player overall in the 2014 class and should give the Cowboys a boost in the backcourt when they likely lose Marcus Smart next season.
“He liked the opportunity,” Expressions Elite head coach Ty Boswell told NBC Sports’ Terrence Payne in late August. “Obviously, Marcus Smart is leaving, and he’ll have big shoes to fill. He liked the fact he could come in and play right away.
Terrell is Oklahoma State’s second commitment in the 2014 class following the commitment of junior college guard Joe Thomasson in August.
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 0
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)