Sep 7, 2013, 3:20 PM EST
Oklahoma State is on the board again in the 2014 class as the Cowboys landed a strong commitment on Saturday afternoon in the form of shooting guard Jared Terrell.
The 6’4″ Terrell chose the Cowboys during an announcement ceremony alongside Expressions Elite AAU teammate Abdul Malik Abu at the Reggie Lewis Center in Roxbury Crossing, Massachusetts.
A strong and big-bodied shooting guard with an ability to get to the rim and score, Terrell chose Oklahoma State over his other finalists: Cincinnati, Providence and Rhode Island. The Brewster Academy guard played well in the EYBL with Expressions Elite alongside Abu and averaged 14.2 points and 3.6 rebounds per game on 48 percent shooting from the field
Terrell is regarded as Rivals’ No. 63 player overall in the 2014 class and should give the Cowboys a boost in the backcourt when they likely lose Marcus Smart next season.
“He liked the opportunity,” Expressions Elite head coach Ty Boswell told NBC Sports’ Terrence Payne in late August. “Obviously, Marcus Smart is leaving, and he’ll have big shoes to fill. He liked the fact he could come in and play right away.
Terrell is Oklahoma State’s second commitment in the 2014 class following the commitment of junior college guard Joe Thomasson in August.
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? 3
- North Carolina shows up ready to compete, knocks off No. 1 Michigan State 2
- Duke doesn’t need Rasheed Sulaimon if they have three guys that fit into a role 2
- The Chase for 180: Doug McDermott’s tough night 0
- Michigan’s offensive struggles in 79-69 loss to Duke a major concern 1
- Marshall Henderson’s on-court antics aren’t changing. Deal with it (5)
- Tim Floyd tees off on Andy Enfield: ‘We’re not going to take it in the shorts’ (3)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (3)
- No. 20 Creighton gets 27 from Doug McDermott, stifles Jahii Carson in blowout (2)