Sep 8, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
Another point guard came off the board on Sunday morning.
While on an official visit to Dayton, Douglass Academy (Mich.) point guard Darrell Davis committed to the Flyers, according to ESPN Insider Jeff Goodman. This commitment comes on the same morning as Helen Cox High (La.) guard Dominic Magee picking Memphis over a dozen other offers.
Davis, a 6-foot-3 four-star point guard ranked No. 102 overall in the Class of 2014 according to Rivals, held offers from Iowa State, Michigan State and Providence among others. Having Davis uprooted from Michigan will have a big impact on Sparty, as Tom Izzo is still in the hunt for Tyus Jones of Apple Valley High (Minn.) and Tyler Ulis of Marian Catholic (Ill.) — the two best remaining point guards — though both are being sought after by Kentucky as well.
Archie Miller scores a big commitment, adding another versatile guard to his Atlantic 10 program. Last fall, Miller landed Bronx native Dayshon Smith, a 6-foot-3 lead guard, who could have a major role for Dayton this season as a freshman.
Davis is the first commit in the Flyers’ Class of 2014.
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- Skipping college makes Emmanuel Mudiay the most important player in 2014 class (5)
- Study says Louisville has the best fanbase for second straight season (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)