Sep 8, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
Another point guard came off the board on Sunday morning.
While on an official visit to Dayton, Douglass Academy (Mich.) point guard Darrell Davis committed to the Flyers, according to ESPN Insider Jeff Goodman. This commitment comes on the same morning as Helen Cox High (La.) guard Dominic Magee picking Memphis over a dozen other offers.
Davis, a 6-foot-3 four-star point guard ranked No. 102 overall in the Class of 2014 according to Rivals, held offers from Iowa State, Michigan State and Providence among others. Having Davis uprooted from Michigan will have a big impact on Sparty, as Tom Izzo is still in the hunt for Tyus Jones of Apple Valley High (Minn.) and Tyler Ulis of Marian Catholic (Ill.) — the two best remaining point guards — though both are being sought after by Kentucky as well.
Archie Miller scores a big commitment, adding another versatile guard to his Atlantic 10 program. Last fall, Miller landed Bronx native Dayshon Smith, a 6-foot-3 lead guard, who could have a major role for Dayton this season as a freshman.
Davis is the first commit in the Flyers’ Class of 2014.
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 2
- Arizona lands four-star center to potential No. 1 recruiting class in 2015 0
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility 3
- In-state power forward verbally commits to UConn 0
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight 6
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility (3)
- Villanova lands commitment from five-star point guard Jalen Brunson (2)