Sep 8, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
Another point guard came off the board on Sunday morning.
While on an official visit to Dayton, Douglass Academy (Mich.) point guard Darrell Davis committed to the Flyers, according to ESPN Insider Jeff Goodman. This commitment comes on the same morning as Helen Cox High (La.) guard Dominic Magee picking Memphis over a dozen other offers.
Davis, a 6-foot-3 four-star point guard ranked No. 102 overall in the Class of 2014 according to Rivals, held offers from Iowa State, Michigan State and Providence among others. Having Davis uprooted from Michigan will have a big impact on Sparty, as Tom Izzo is still in the hunt for Tyus Jones of Apple Valley High (Minn.) and Tyler Ulis of Marian Catholic (Ill.) — the two best remaining point guards — though both are being sought after by Kentucky as well.
Archie Miller scores a big commitment, adding another versatile guard to his Atlantic 10 program. Last fall, Miller landed Bronx native Dayshon Smith, a 6-foot-3 lead guard, who could have a major role for Dayton this season as a freshman.
Davis is the first commit in the Flyers’ Class of 2014.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)