Sep 8, 2013, 11:03 AM EST
Another point guard came off the board on Sunday morning.
While on an official visit to Dayton, Douglass Academy (Mich.) point guard Darrell Davis committed to the Flyers, according to ESPN Insider Jeff Goodman. This commitment comes on the same morning as Helen Cox High (La.) guard Dominic Magee picking Memphis over a dozen other offers.
Davis, a 6-foot-3 four-star point guard ranked No. 102 overall in the Class of 2014 according to Rivals, held offers from Iowa State, Michigan State and Providence among others. Having Davis uprooted from Michigan will have a big impact on Sparty, as Tom Izzo is still in the hunt for Tyus Jones of Apple Valley High (Minn.) and Tyler Ulis of Marian Catholic (Ill.) — the two best remaining point guards — though both are being sought after by Kentucky as well.
Archie Miller scores a big commitment, adding another versatile guard to his Atlantic 10 program. Last fall, Miller landed Bronx native Dayshon Smith, a 6-foot-3 lead guard, who could have a major role for Dayton this season as a freshman.
Davis is the first commit in the Flyers’ Class of 2014.
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)