Sep 8, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
Another point guard came off the board on Sunday morning.
While on an official visit to Dayton, Douglass Academy (Mich.) point guard Darrell Davis committed to the Flyers, according to ESPN Insider Jeff Goodman. This commitment comes on the same morning as Helen Cox High (La.) guard Dominic Magee picking Memphis over a dozen other offers.
Davis, a 6-foot-3 four-star point guard ranked No. 102 overall in the Class of 2014 according to Rivals, held offers from Iowa State, Michigan State and Providence among others. Having Davis uprooted from Michigan will have a big impact on Sparty, as Tom Izzo is still in the hunt for Tyus Jones of Apple Valley High (Minn.) and Tyler Ulis of Marian Catholic (Ill.) — the two best remaining point guards — though both are being sought after by Kentucky as well.
Archie Miller scores a big commitment, adding another versatile guard to his Atlantic 10 program. Last fall, Miller landed Bronx native Dayshon Smith, a 6-foot-3 lead guard, who could have a major role for Dayton this season as a freshman.
Davis is the first commit in the Flyers’ Class of 2014.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)