Sep 8, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
Delaware has started its Class of 2014 by getting a commitment from James M. Bennett High (Md.) point guard Kory Holden on Saturday night, while he was on an official visit.
This commitment came via Edgar Walker of DMVElite.com, who tweeted the news.
Holden is a three-star point guard according to Rivals, who held offers from other programs such as LIU-Brooklyn, Middle Tennessee State, Robert Morris, Southern Miss and Towson. This past season at J.M. Bennett, he guided the Clippers to an 18-3 record, averaging 25 points per game. The 6-foot-2 Salisbury native was also named Bayside Conference Player of the Year, and was named to DMVElite’s Fourth Team.
Monte Ross has a talented backcourt in the CAA this season with leading scorer Devon Saddler (19.9 points per game) as well as Jarvis Threatt (13.0) and Kyle Anderson (9.1). Davon Usher averaged 18.8 points per game at Mississippi Valley State, and will be eligible to play immediately this season after transferring to U-D in July. The Blue Hens are looking like an early favorite in the CAA this season after finishing tied for second in the conference last season before being upset by James Madison in the CAA tournament semifinals. The addition of the three-star floor general looks like that backcourt will continue to be strong for the foreseeable future.
Holden played with Baltimore Elite this summer, averaging 9.9 points, 4.2 rebounds and 2.4 assists per game in the Nike EYBL.
- Diamond Stone discusses his package deal, recent weight loss 0
- LeBron James Skills Academy Day 1 Recap: College players shine, LeBron joins high school campers 1
- Reebok Breakout Classic Day 1 Recap: Derryck Thornton outshines Diamond Stone, Skal Labissiere 0
- Senate Commerce Committee grills NCAA president Mark Emmert 0
- July Live Period Preview: The most notable events during the summer 0
- July Live Period Preview: Eight story lines to watch the next three weeks 0
- Seven programs with the most on the line during July’s live period 1
- Rashad McCants says he’s getting $310 million from UNC, NCAA (16)
- Rashad McCants says there was never a relationship between him and Roy Williams (AUDIO) (9)
- Report: Memphis football player attacked Dominic Woodson, advisor (5)
- Former NBA champion Robert Horry: ‘I hate AAU basketball’ (VIDEO) (3)
- Rick Brunson used Patrick Ewing’s name to deceive masseuse which led to his arrest (3)