Sep 8, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
Delaware has started its Class of 2014 by getting a commitment from James M. Bennett High (Md.) point guard Kory Holden on Saturday night, while he was on an official visit.
This commitment came via Edgar Walker of DMVElite.com, who tweeted the news.
Holden is a three-star point guard according to Rivals, who held offers from other programs such as LIU-Brooklyn, Middle Tennessee State, Robert Morris, Southern Miss and Towson. This past season at J.M. Bennett, he guided the Clippers to an 18-3 record, averaging 25 points per game. The 6-foot-2 Salisbury native was also named Bayside Conference Player of the Year, and was named to DMVElite’s Fourth Team.
Monte Ross has a talented backcourt in the CAA this season with leading scorer Devon Saddler (19.9 points per game) as well as Jarvis Threatt (13.0) and Kyle Anderson (9.1). Davon Usher averaged 18.8 points per game at Mississippi Valley State, and will be eligible to play immediately this season after transferring to U-D in July. The Blue Hens are looking like an early favorite in the CAA this season after finishing tied for second in the conference last season before being upset by James Madison in the CAA tournament semifinals. The addition of the three-star floor general looks like that backcourt will continue to be strong for the foreseeable future.
Holden played with Baltimore Elite this summer, averaging 9.9 points, 4.2 rebounds and 2.4 assists per game in the Nike EYBL.
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)
- Sean Miller gives update on Arizona forward Brandon Ashley (1)