Sep 8, 2013, 9:47 AM EDT
Josh Pastner and Memphis began its Class of 2014 on Sunday morning with a commitment from Helen Cox High (La.) point guard Dominic Magee.
The 6-foot-3 Magee announced his college decision from his previously problematic Twitter account.
I came here an made it happen.ima take my talents to Memphis …ima be a TIGER BBY 💯👌🏀
— Dreamchaserdnic (@Youngindnic) September 8, 2013
Magee is a four-star recruit, and is ranked No. 71 overall in the Class of 2014 according to Rivals. He held offers from Arizona, Kansas State, LSU, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and UCLA. Kentucky, who is searching for a point guard following Emmanuel Mudiay’s commitment to SMU, was also considering the Louisiana Future AAU point guard.
The Tigers will have one of the nation’s best backcourts this season with Joe Jackson, Chris Crawford, Geron Johnson and transfer Michael Dixon. All four are seniors, and Pastner has landed a guard to help replace the guard quartet, which makes it even more important since top-ranked point guards are becoming more and more limited in the 2014 class.
Tyus Jones of Apple Valley High (Minn.) and Tyler Ulis of Marian Catholic High (Ill.) are the two of the best remaining undecided point guards at this point.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 7
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)