Sep 8, 2013, 9:47 AM EDT
Josh Pastner and Memphis began its Class of 2014 on Sunday morning with a commitment from Helen Cox High (La.) point guard Dominic Magee.
The 6-foot-3 Magee announced his college decision from his previously problematic Twitter account.
I came here an made it happen.ima take my talents to Memphis …ima be a TIGER BBY 💯👌🏀
— Dreamchaserdnic (@Youngindnic) September 8, 2013
Magee is a four-star recruit, and is ranked No. 71 overall in the Class of 2014 according to Rivals. He held offers from Arizona, Kansas State, LSU, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and UCLA. Kentucky, who is searching for a point guard following Emmanuel Mudiay’s commitment to SMU, was also considering the Louisiana Future AAU point guard.
The Tigers will have one of the nation’s best backcourts this season with Joe Jackson, Chris Crawford, Geron Johnson and transfer Michael Dixon. All four are seniors, and Pastner has landed a guard to help replace the guard quartet, which makes it even more important since top-ranked point guards are becoming more and more limited in the 2014 class.
Tyus Jones of Apple Valley High (Minn.) and Tyler Ulis of Marian Catholic High (Ill.) are the two of the best remaining undecided point guards at this point.
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 1
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)