Sep 8, 2013, 9:47 AM EDT
Josh Pastner and Memphis began its Class of 2014 on Sunday morning with a commitment from Helen Cox High (La.) point guard Dominic Magee.
The 6-foot-3 Magee announced his college decision from his previously problematic Twitter account.
I came here an made it happen.ima take my talents to Memphis …ima be a TIGER BBY 💯👌🏀
— Dreamchaserdnic (@Youngindnic) September 8, 2013
Magee is a four-star recruit, and is ranked No. 71 overall in the Class of 2014 according to Rivals. He held offers from Arizona, Kansas State, LSU, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and UCLA. Kentucky, who is searching for a point guard following Emmanuel Mudiay’s commitment to SMU, was also considering the Louisiana Future AAU point guard.
The Tigers will have one of the nation’s best backcourts this season with Joe Jackson, Chris Crawford, Geron Johnson and transfer Michael Dixon. All four are seniors, and Pastner has landed a guard to help replace the guard quartet, which makes it even more important since top-ranked point guards are becoming more and more limited in the 2014 class.
Tyus Jones of Apple Valley High (Minn.) and Tyler Ulis of Marian Catholic High (Ill.) are the two of the best remaining undecided point guards at this point.
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)