Sep 8, 2013, 9:47 AM EST
Josh Pastner and Memphis began its Class of 2014 on Sunday morning with a commitment from Helen Cox High (La.) point guard Dominic Magee.
The 6-foot-3 Magee announced his college decision from his previously problematic Twitter account.
I came here an made it happen.ima take my talents to Memphis …ima be a TIGER BBY 💯👌🏀
— Dreamchaserdnic (@Youngindnic) September 8, 2013
Magee is a four-star recruit, and is ranked No. 71 overall in the Class of 2014 according to Rivals. He held offers from Arizona, Kansas State, LSU, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and UCLA. Kentucky, who is searching for a point guard following Emmanuel Mudiay’s commitment to SMU, was also considering the Louisiana Future AAU point guard.
The Tigers will have one of the nation’s best backcourts this season with Joe Jackson, Chris Crawford, Geron Johnson and transfer Michael Dixon. All four are seniors, and Pastner has landed a guard to help replace the guard quartet, which makes it even more important since top-ranked point guards are becoming more and more limited in the 2014 class.
Tyus Jones of Apple Valley High (Minn.) and Tyler Ulis of Marian Catholic High (Ill.) are the two of the best remaining undecided point guards at this point.
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 0
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 1
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 0
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 0
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)