Sep 8, 2013, 9:47 AM EDT
Josh Pastner and Memphis began its Class of 2014 on Sunday morning with a commitment from Helen Cox High (La.) point guard Dominic Magee.
The 6-foot-3 Magee announced his college decision from his previously problematic Twitter account.
I came here an made it happen.ima take my talents to Memphis …ima be a TIGER BBY 💯👌🏀
— Dreamchaserdnic (@Youngindnic) September 8, 2013
Magee is a four-star recruit, and is ranked No. 71 overall in the Class of 2014 according to Rivals. He held offers from Arizona, Kansas State, LSU, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and UCLA. Kentucky, who is searching for a point guard following Emmanuel Mudiay’s commitment to SMU, was also considering the Louisiana Future AAU point guard.
The Tigers will have one of the nation’s best backcourts this season with Joe Jackson, Chris Crawford, Geron Johnson and transfer Michael Dixon. All four are seniors, and Pastner has landed a guard to help replace the guard quartet, which makes it even more important since top-ranked point guards are becoming more and more limited in the 2014 class.
Tyus Jones of Apple Valley High (Minn.) and Tyler Ulis of Marian Catholic High (Ill.) are the two of the best remaining undecided point guards at this point.
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 0
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (8)
- NCAA rules committee proposes 30-second shot clock, fewer timeouts (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (4)