Sep 8, 2013, 12:15 PM EDT
On Saturday, Ed Cooley and the Providence Friars missed out on landing 2014 guard Jared Terrell, as well as his friend Abdul-Malik Abu, but according to report on Sunday, Cooley is close to adding a new member to the Friars’ backcourt.
Junior Lomomba, who left Cleveland State, has been on campus in Rhode Island, and could be in the school as early as this week, according to a report from Kevin McNamara of the Providence Journal.
The 6-foot-5 Canadian native averaged 5.8 points, 2.3 rebounds and 1.2 assists per game as a freshman at Cleveland State, missing seven games, dealing with a foot injury during the 2012-2013 campaign.
Cooley has not only been a great recruiter, landing some of the nation’s top talent in his short-time as the head coach in his hometown, but he’s also been able to get key transfers from players like Wake Forest center Carson Desrosiers and North Carolina State forward Tyler Harris — both who are eligible this season.
If everything goes according to plan, and Lomomba does enroll at PC soon, he would have to miss the upcoming season per NCAA transfer rules. He would have three years remaining, and would become part of a Friars incoming class that includes Huntington Prep (W.Va.) wing Jalen Lindsey and Fairfield Prep (Conn.) 7-foot-2 center Paschal Chukwu.
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 1
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)
- Blue Ribbon releases their Preseason First Team All-Americans (1)