Sep 8, 2013, 12:15 PM EST
On Saturday, Ed Cooley and the Providence Friars missed out on landing 2014 guard Jared Terrell, as well as his friend Abdul-Malik Abu, but according to report on Sunday, Cooley is close to adding a new member to the Friars’ backcourt.
Junior Lomomba, who left Cleveland State, has been on campus in Rhode Island, and could be in the school as early as this week, according to a report from Kevin McNamara of the Providence Journal.
The 6-foot-5 Canadian native averaged 5.8 points, 2.3 rebounds and 1.2 assists per game as a freshman at Cleveland State, missing seven games, dealing with a foot injury during the 2012-2013 campaign.
Cooley has not only been a great recruiter, landing some of the nation’s top talent in his short-time as the head coach in his hometown, but he’s also been able to get key transfers from players like Wake Forest center Carson Desrosiers and North Carolina State forward Tyler Harris — both who are eligible this season.
If everything goes according to plan, and Lomomba does enroll at PC soon, he would have to miss the upcoming season per NCAA transfer rules. He would have three years remaining, and would become part of a Friars incoming class that includes Huntington Prep (W.Va.) wing Jalen Lindsey and Fairfield Prep (Conn.) 7-foot-2 center Paschal Chukwu.
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 0
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win 1
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 20
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)