Sep 8, 2013, 12:15 PM EST
On Saturday, Ed Cooley and the Providence Friars missed out on landing 2014 guard Jared Terrell, as well as his friend Abdul-Malik Abu, but according to report on Sunday, Cooley is close to adding a new member to the Friars’ backcourt.
Junior Lomomba, who left Cleveland State, has been on campus in Rhode Island, and could be in the school as early as this week, according to a report from Kevin McNamara of the Providence Journal.
The 6-foot-5 Canadian native averaged 5.8 points, 2.3 rebounds and 1.2 assists per game as a freshman at Cleveland State, missing seven games, dealing with a foot injury during the 2012-2013 campaign.
Cooley has not only been a great recruiter, landing some of the nation’s top talent in his short-time as the head coach in his hometown, but he’s also been able to get key transfers from players like Wake Forest center Carson Desrosiers and North Carolina State forward Tyler Harris — both who are eligible this season.
If everything goes according to plan, and Lomomba does enroll at PC soon, he would have to miss the upcoming season per NCAA transfer rules. He would have three years remaining, and would become part of a Friars incoming class that includes Huntington Prep (W.Va.) wing Jalen Lindsey and Fairfield Prep (Conn.) 7-foot-2 center Paschal Chukwu.
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (11)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (10)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)