Report: D.C. Assault AAU to become D.C. Premier following Curtis Malone’s arrest on federal drug charges
Sep 9, 2013, 7:05 PM EST
One month ago, D.C. Assault AAU co-founder Curtis Malone was indicted by a federal grand jury on drug trafficking charges.
Malone faces up to 40 years in prison after being arrested on Aug. 9. Days after the arrest, D.C. Assault announced that Malone is now longer associated with the team. On Monday, it appears that events of last month have ended D.C. Assault’s run as one of the premier AAU teams in the country.
Next summer, Under Armour will unveil its new Washington-based AAU program called D.C. Premier, according to Jeff Ermann of Inside MD Sports. Ermann believes that most of the staff and players from D.C. Assault with make the move under the new name
D.C. Assault has been around since the early 1990s, and produced NBA players like Michael Beasley, Jeff Green, Keith Bogans and Nolan Smith. Jeff Borzello of CBS Sports complied some of the reactions from D.C. Assault’s alumni.
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 0
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 1
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 0
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 0
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)