Sep 9, 2013, 11:19 PM EDT
John Wall continued his success inside the storied Rupp Arena, on Monday night during the UK Alumni Charity Game. The former UK point guard dropped 40 points leading his blue team in a 111-95 over the white team. Brandon Knight led the white team with 30 points.
“E. Bled [Eric Bledsoe] told me I wasn’t going for 40 so I just tried to get 40,” Wall said after the game.
Anthony Davis, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Patrick Peterson and Terrence Jones were some of the other former first round picks to return to Lexington to play in front of 19,255 fans for event that raised more than $1 million.
While Kentucky uses this game as way to help a cause and honor its history, Monday night’s exhibition game was a way for John Calipari to build for the program’s future. Whitney Young (Ill.) center Jahlil Okafor is the top player in the Class of 2014, and he was inside Rupp Arena for the game on Monday night, as part of his official visit. Moss Point High (Miss.) shooting guard Devin Booker and Marian Catholic High (Ill.) point guard Tyler Ulis were also on hand for the alumni game, as the two four-star guards were both visiting UK as well.
Okafor visited Baylor last weekend, and is likely to visit Arizona, Duke and Kansas. Ulis is down to UK, Iowa, Michigan State and USC. Booker is down to Florida, Michigan, Michigan State and Missouri along with Big Blue Nation.
St. Joseph High (N.J.) 7-footer Karl Towns is currently the lone 2014 commit for Coach Cal.
Prospects from the Class of 2015 — Derrick Jones of Archbishop John Carroll High (Pa.), Luke Kennard of Franklin High (Ohio) and Charles Matthews of St. Rita High (Ill.) — were also expected to take in the alumni game.
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (5)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Dayton unveils new logo, court and basketball uniforms (2)