Sep 9, 2013, 9:16 PM EDT
Monday was a productive day for Pat Skerry and the Towson Tigers. Skerry secured commitments from two in-state guards for the Class of 2014.
Mount St. Joseph High (Md.) senior wing Jorden McNeil picked Towson over offers from College of Charleston, Toledo and UMBC while Clinton Christian School combo guard Byron Hawkins chose the Tigers over schools such as St. Joseph’s, George Washington and George Mason.
“It’s local and their basketball team was on the rise,” McNeil told the Baltimore Sun on Monday afternoon, following his decision. “I really liked it. I didn’t have any reason to wait, so I made the decision.”
“My visit was just so great and I really enjoyed my time there with the team, and the school was so fun,” Hawkins told Jamie Shaw after he made his pick. “I have a lot of faith in Coach Skerry and the staff, so that helped.”
The future backcourt mates join Milford Mill Academy small forward Allen Costley and Saint John’s High shooting guard Mike Morsell in Towson’s Class of 2014.
Skerry is continuing to move Towson in the right direction. He had success on the floor with a 17-win turnaround this past season, and is putting together nice work on the recruiting trail with four commits in its current recruiting class from the Baltimore-Washington D.C. area.
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 1
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 0
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 0
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 4
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)