Sep 9, 2013, 9:16 PM EST
Monday was a productive day for Pat Skerry and the Towson Tigers. Skerry secured commitments from two in-state guards for the Class of 2014.
Mount St. Joseph High (Md.) senior wing Jorden McNeil picked Towson over offers from College of Charleston, Toledo and UMBC while Clinton Christian School combo guard Byron Hawkins chose the Tigers over schools such as St. Joseph’s, George Washington and George Mason.
“It’s local and their basketball team was on the rise,” McNeil told the Baltimore Sun on Monday afternoon, following his decision. “I really liked it. I didn’t have any reason to wait, so I made the decision.”
“My visit was just so great and I really enjoyed my time there with the team, and the school was so fun,” Hawkins told Jamie Shaw after he made his pick. “I have a lot of faith in Coach Skerry and the staff, so that helped.”
The future backcourt mates join Milford Mill Academy small forward Allen Costley and Saint John’s High shooting guard Mike Morsell in Towson’s Class of 2014.
Skerry is continuing to move Towson in the right direction. He had success on the floor with a 17-win turnaround this past season, and is putting together nice work on the recruiting trail with four commits in its current recruiting class from the Baltimore-Washington D.C. area.
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 11
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 3
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Bubble Banter: N.C. State lands a critical win, Texas loses … again 2
- Syracuse upsets No. 8 Notre Dame in an inspired ACC road effort 0
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)